lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Default RXV rear seat question.

So I installed a rear seat on my RXV about a year ago and it's been great. I picked up one of the $280 kits everyone seems to install.

Well a few days ago I rode on the back seat of a friend of mines RXV that has the Ezgo factory rear seat. It was so much more comfortable and with the depth being a lot more than mine it actually fit 2 adults well and you didn't feel like you were going to fall off.

I see the seat she has in their site but it's over $700, is there any aftermarket that would get me close to that that falls in between the cheap seat I have and their high end seat?

She has a 2014 RXV shuttle.
doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV rear seat question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublestack00 View Post
So I installed a rear seat on my RXV about a year ago and it's been great. I picked up one of the $280 kits everyone seems to install.

Well a few days ago I rode on the back seat of a friend of mines RXV that has the Ezgo factory rear seat. It was so much more comfortable and with the depth being a lot more than mine it actually fit 2 adults well and you didn't feel like you were going to fall off.

I see the seat she has in their site but it's over $700, is there any aftermarket that would get me close to that that falls in between the cheap seat I have and their high end seat?

She has a 2014 RXV shuttle.
I have a 2008 RXV Shuttle 2+2 and I used to have a 2012 RXV with the flip seat and you are right. The factory seat is nice. Unfortunately, the factory seat mounts are welded to the frame on the rear of my Shuttle, so I am unable to remove the footrest assembly with the handbar. The rear seat on my Shuttle is identical to the front seat on the cart. You may be able to find a new or used RXV front seat and bolt it on in place of your aftermarket rear seat. I still have the seat from my totaled 2012 RXV but it's not so good looking anymore. Something about flying off when hitting a tree did not agree with it too well. It has a hole in the cushion. Actually, the seat had less damage than I did, but I healed. The seat... not so much. LOL

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV rear seat question.

I have two suggestions to consider.
1. Madjax Genesis 250 (steel) or 350 (aluminum). I have the 250 on my RXV. Definitely sits better than the plain ones and has options. Also the back rest has optional mounting locations. These seats are also sold under other names I believe. Also check out the Elite Max 5. I think it's the same seat or at least very close.

2. Star EV also has an interesting back seat. They make versions for EZGO, CC and Yamaha. Also has some interesting features beside a bigger seat bottom and reclining seat back. I've sat in one for maybe 15 minutes. Seemed pretty good comfort wise (for a golf cart).
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO