lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #1
AtlantaVIP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wheel Fitment Question

I have always been fascinated with the whole "stance and VIP" car scene (I have attached my beloved Lexus LS car build as reference and a pic of my cart). I would like to put more aggressive wheels on my cart and need some guidance if these wheels would fit with the specific lug pattern and offset. The wheel specs are 14"x8"; 5+3 offset (I know wheel offset on cars but I have no idea what that means on a cart if someone can please shed some light); and 4x136 bolt pattern (I have searched the web to find out if this lug pattern will work with no definitive answer. Will it work)? Thanks for your help!

Oh and cart is a 2001 EZGO PDS 36v with upgraded XCT500PDS controller, HD Solenoid, 2 gauge wires throughout, and I have a ton of brand new parts laying around ready to refresh this 16 year old cart!! I purchased the current 14" wheels on a whim and will be selling them to a buddy of mine.

AtlantaVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheel Fitment Question

the wheels you mentioned will NOT work.....the bolt pattern is all wrong. Golf Cart bolt pattern is 4 x 100.

as for the offset, you mentioned an offset of 5+3...ACTUALLY, its backspacing not offset and with a 8" wide wheel.....which means that it has a 5" backspacing inside, 3" outside.

BACKSPACING.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #3
AtlantaVIP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
the wheels you mentioned will NOT work.....the bolt pattern is all wrong. Golf Cart bolt pattern is 4 x 100.

as for the offset, you mentioned an offset of 5+3...ACTUALLY, its backspacing not offset and with a 8" wide wheel.....which means that it has a 5" backspacing inside, 3" outside.

Attachment 153861
Thank you Sir Nuke!
AtlantaVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So is it possible to install a wheel and loprofile tire combo that would fit a honda with the same bolt pattern? would you need wheel spacers? I currently have 2 inch wheel spacers all the way around.
crowe211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't believe the Honda is a 4x100mm...there are a LOT of bolt patterns that are "around" 100mm..... specifically, some ATVs and small import cars....
but close, "ain't gonna work".. even the 4x105mm will not "center up" on the cart wheel studs..will always have some wobble, along with the danger of shearing off !!!

spend a bit looking, (site sponsors) and calling, I'm sure you will find what you need !!!
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:35 AM   #6
MrPham
Not Yet Wild

There some older model hondas with 4x100 bolt pattern.
MrPham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #7
Jmzvet
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

1st generation Mazda Miatas are 4x100.
The hub bore and offset might be way off ?
Jmzvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO