lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 ezgo txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dclegg View Post
I'll get u more pics in the am it has a f/r toggle switch on the dash and it activates the top post of solenoids when in reverse if that helps any
That confirms it is a reversing contactor setup, but I can't figure out why there are two cables on each of the A1 and S1 studs on the motor (maybe on A2 and S2 also, but can't see the in the pictures)

All the reversing contactor does is replace the mechanical F/R switch, so the cables on the motor ought to be the same as stock, one cable on each of the four studs on the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dclegg View Post
D&D 170-004-0001 this is the motor and if yall can give me a simpler setup im all in for redoing all the wiring for sure
That is a high torque motor. About 12 MPH top speed with 18" tall tires (~14% slower than stock) and about 40% more torque.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #12
Dclegg
Not Yet Wild

So can we simplify the wiring if so can you point me in the right direction
Dclegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #13
Dclegg
Not Yet Wild

Just an update maybe someone can still give some input I have removed all but 1 solenoid and just trying to get things going in one direction for now so I have a1 and s2 looked together then s1 to m- on controller and a2 to b+ I have the green light on the controller but when I apply the pedal the light goes off and I drop from 50v to 23v any help is appreciated
Old 12-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #14
Dclegg
Not Yet Wild

Just an update I got it to going I had the potentiometer wires normally closed oops on me
Old 12-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #15
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

cool
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO