lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 EZ GO TXT full Scotty B electrical upgrade, reverse not always working

Swapping the cables changed which side of the contactor operated which motor direction. Since the problem direction remains unchanged we know the problem is NOT in the reversing contactor or the switch (since forward is now reverse)

Put it in reverse and when it will not go hold the pedal partially depressed and manually spin the tire in the reverse direction. If it starts to work replace the motor brushes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2018, 04:56 PM   #12
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 EZ GO TXT full Scotty B electrical upgrade, reverse not always working

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Swapping the cables changed which side of the contactor operated which motor direction. Since the problem direction remains unchanged we know the problem is NOT in the reversing contactor or the switch (since forward is now reverse)

Put it in reverse and when it will not go hold the pedal partially depressed and manually spin the tire in the reverse direction. If it starts to work replace the motor brushes.

Looks like it is the FWD and REV rocker switch. When I pulled it off and swapped the wires. The issue followed the swap, I put it back and same. So think I just need a new switch. Scotty can you send me a quote to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
onabeachsomewheresoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:15 PM   #13
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Never mind the switch wast not the issue. Also spinning the wheels didn't seem to get them to engage. So not sure about the brushes.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #14
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Try this; swap the 2 big cables on the top terminals of the reversing contactor. Reverse will be forward on your switch - leave it alone. Do nothing else. If the problem changes direction and forward does not occasionally work now the SW202 is damaged and it should be replaced.

Looks like a new SW202 is in my future. I took the 202 completely out of the cart, fully took it apart, and cleaned and polished all the contacts. I found that one of the covers on the bottom had popped off. I also found a small waxy piece of plastic and the cap that popped off laying in the tray. I took the other cap off and compared the two sides. One with the cover had the plastic wrapped around the piston inside like a sleeve. I cleaned up the plastic and slowly and carefully slid it around the piston. I put the cap back on, reinstalled the 202, and reconnected everything. Tested and it works every time going from fwd and rwd now! The 202 looks rough and a bit corroded. I had to tape the cap back on. Would like to soak the whole thing in wd-40 but not sure if that's safe for the plastics. Rolling for now so I'm happy, and I know what to replace come spring.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by onabeachsomewheresoon View Post

I have to wait 7 days to post a picture.
onabeachsomewheresoon

You can post a pic anytime you want using the forum. You can not post a link to anything for your first 7 days

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-...ing-101-a.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #16
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
onabeachsomewheresoon

You can post a pic anytime you want using the forum. You can not post a link to anything for your first 7 days

Thank you

Old 01-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #17
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
onabeachsomewheresoon

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO