lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Bigbondo007
Gone Wild

Default Mobile apps.?

When are we going to be able to use smartphones for controller programming? Just a thought. Wondering what my note 8 is capable of. I have a USB adapter that came with the device.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Bigbondo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Mobile apps.?

That would be nice. Maybe Bluetooth compatible controllers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
Bigbondo007
Gone Wild

Yes! Someone should call alltrax

Old 01-28-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just need someone to write the app. I’m not a programmer so I have no clue how much time is involved in doing so or what it would cost for a third party to write it. But with Alltrax we could just plug the phone in with the usb cable. Or at least I think it’s that easy.

However since the Alltrax toolkit only works on PCs, the app might only work on Android phones. No love for Apple with Alltrax.

E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
Bigbondo007
Gone Wild

I can download and unzip controller pro as well as the field maps but my phone can't run controller pro. I got excited for a second there.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:39 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ve ridden around with my Microsoft Surface to program my Alltrax. It works...

LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:32 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbondo007 View Post
When are we going to be able to use smartphones for controller programming? Just a thought. Wondering what my note 8 is capable of. I have a USB adapter that came with the device.

Told them that while I waited for years for the XCT launch. Lol, works on "surface tablet", also told them I was willing to help out on a small touch screen project to do this stuff. It sounded too "open source" for them. Why can't we do it ourselves? The "ultra level" Curtis options didn't exist until they were made outside the "gatekeeper's place". They ain't getting that they could do it, and the risk of "crazies" is super small, and their majority customer base would never think of the option of "getting crazy" in the software. They could easily have a "write only once bit" that would show if anything were changed above the normal software they offer. (Like a RaspberryPI, you are allowed to overclock a little, but if you put it in "force overclock, results be damned" mode, you exceeded their limits, and it's all your problem now, warranty void). The amount of people who would ever experiment in that relm of "the edge" would be very small (they would have to first be willing to try such things, and second dig around to learn just how such things are done), and could be proven if those activities caused a problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:39 AM   #8
Bigbondo007
Gone Wild

All I want to do is put my cell phone in the holder on my cart at eye level and monitor my electronics. Just like I do with the Bluetooth dongle in my truck with torque pro. If I decide I want to change something I can stop, make my adjustments and monitor again "hands free". As it stands now I have to take my eyes off the road and look at a laptop and try to steady it while I'm driving. I guess I can always rob a laptop mount from an old patrol car at the auction house.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:08 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Or save a file and analyze it when you get home.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:19 AM   #10
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Navitas makes it already. But it's a Navitas so....
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO