lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #11
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Xct 48500 slow on top end

Thanks johnieB. I figured motor probably would like the sand but I'll ride it till it quits then call ScottyB. My wife is already cutting eyes at me over how much I've spent on a GOLF CART! 😡 Hopefully I can get it going soon and she can find something else to cut eyes at.
Rdkoerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The D&D motor you have would be great in a DCS hunting or beach cart with a DCX or XCT48xxx-DCS controller.

Offer it for sale to forum members here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/

That might take the worst of the sting out when you get a new motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #13
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, I think I will keep it. I have a 98 dcs cart also that I use on the farm that is gonna need a overhaul before to long.

The pds motor is working great getting about 20 to 21 mph out of it now. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With that motor, your DCS ought to be a great farm cart that can really pull things and haul stuff.

Get the right field map and your PDS cart might go faster....
Old 03-06-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the rpm monitoring is active and the motor speed sensor is not connected this could be the problem. Why not go into the program and disable RPM monitoring?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:17 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If the rpm monitoring is active and the motor speed sensor is not connected this could be the problem. Why not go into the program and disable RPM monitoring?
I don't know why for sure, but from what I have been able to determine is that my cart loses about 15% of its top speed when there is no speed sensor connected to the XCT and speed limiting is deselected. Regen braking is also diminished.

I suspect that motor RPM is a contributing factor in the field mapping process and field maps that are designed to have motor RPM as part of the algorithm don't work as well without it.

I ran my XCT48400-PDS without a speed senor and speed limit deselected for a few days (Had to find the speed sensor cable I cut off the exploded stock PDS motor.) and my top speed was about 23 MPH. After connecting speed sensor and select speed limiting, the top speed was about 25.5 MPH and after changing filed maps, it went to about 28.5 MPH.

Of course, my XCT48400-PDS is one of the first ones released to the public and later versions may have different reactions to no speed sensor.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

JohnnieB, my understand is that the Alltrax XCT will default to "limp mode" if the speed sensor is enabled but not sending pulses (bad or disconnected).

The new Dynamic Field Mapping is one of the best features as it Boosts field current below 1000 RPM and weakens the field current above 2500 RPM.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
JohnnieB, my understand is that the Alltrax XCT will default to "limp mode" if the speed sensor is enabled but not sending pulses (bad or disconnected).

The new Dynamic Field Mapping is one of the best features as it Boosts field current below 1000 RPM and weakens the field current above 2500 RPM.
Thanks, where did you find out that Alltrax uses Dynamic Field Mapping?

I knew it went into limp mode when the speed sensor was bad or disconnected while "Enable Speed Limit" was selected, but what does it do when it is not selected and no speed sensor attached.

Dynamic field mapping cannot occur without a speed sensor, so it has to revert to non-dynamic field mapping when Speed Limiting is not enabled and no sensor is attached and I don't think that is the same as the limp mode. But I could be wrong.

When it gets warm enough, I'll have to try mine with and without a speed sensor and with and without the speed limiting enabled.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #19
Rdkoerner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry fellas I was at work. JohnnieB I installed the field map for the pds/dcs cart that Will sent me, but even he said that should not have been a problem with the d&d motor but I had already changed it. Is there a better field map?

ScottyB I had rpm monitoring not checked. Cart would start off very strong but would level off at about 8 to 10 mph. Very disappointing! I probably should give the year that motor was made. 2002. The guy at d&d said that motor was made for a dcs cart because pds wasn't available at that time hence shaft was not drilled for speed sensor.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:23 AM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would expect that when the "Enable Speed Limit" box is unchecked the XCT would behave like the old DCX Controller with a static Field Map.

The "Turbo" function in that case should also work like the OLD DCX which I recall was when throttle was at 100% for more than so many seconds but Armature current was below maximum the Field was weakened.

The Alltrax idea to dynamically modify the Field map based on rpm was something I read when I was researching the XCT and learning more about its new capabilities and how to create projects around it.

I just did a quick google search and found this article that talks about the same rpm limits I remember reading:
http://golfcaradvisor.com/2017/07/07...ium-batteries/
It may not be related but since there was a mention of a FN switch and the Controller programming possibly being changed...

If there is a mismatch between the kind of FN switch plugged and the one selected in the code or the FN switch not being plugged, the Controller could either be on a different user mode (possibly not setup) or at the minimum of the range value for the user mode selected.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO