lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Submerged Cart Question

I posted on another forum I am a member of that I was looking for a new project to see if anyone had a cart for a couple hundred buck I could rebuild. Had a guy message me back about an electric cart that went through Hurricane Harvey. He said it had brand new batteries a couple weeks prior to the storm, but sat submerged under 3' of water for 3 days, and he hasnt touched it since (6 months). Im jsut wondering if this cart could be salvaged. I was looking for a cart that could be purchased for a couple hundred bucks, so I know it will need work, but I dont want to pay money for something that is basically ruined.

My specific questions are as follows;

1. Are the batteries ruined from being submerged, or can they be emptied and refilled, or reconditioned?

2. Would the electronics be able to survive being submerged like that if everything was hooked up and the batteries had charge when the water rose?

3. If it is still a viable option to rebuild, what specific questions should I ask him regarding the appearance or function of specific parts? He is over 3 hours away from me, so I want to make sure I can resurrect this thing before I drive all that way.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Submerged Cart Question

Take a few mins to read through this post.....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ded-carts.html

It does a pretty good job of answering most of your question
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO