lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
Juanrosario12680
Not Yet Wild

Question Voltage conundrum

I got an email from Western stating that my cart was in fact a 42volt. This was a first for me as I’ve only heard of 36 & 48. Now that I want to upgrade a few components I’m wondering if I should be looking at 36v components or 48v since no one really makes 42v specific. Anyone ever deal with this?
Juanrosario12680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage conundrum

Do you have 7 six volt batteries then it is 42v.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
Juanrosario12680
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Do you have 7 six volt batteries then it is 42v.
Yes I do, it’s a bit odd.....and agitating
Old 05-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

if you are talking about aftermarket controllers ....like Alltrax....they will operate at all three voltages, you just set it up for the voltage you are going to be using. for solenoids.....but you want a solenoid that is rated for a HIGHER voltage. so if you are going to run a 42v system, you will get a 48v solenoid.....

and believe it or not.....a lot of folks run 42v systems
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is this cart Series or PDS drive?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
Juanrosario12680
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Is this cart Series or PDS drive?
ScottyB I believe it is a series drive
Old 05-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Series drive carts usually have a lever to change direction - The 42v Series Western was the first venture into high voltage operation. Prior to this model everything was 24 or 36 volts. Yup. lots of 24v 3 wheel carts and floor buffers out there.
What Western didn't know is how well the series motor reacts to increased voltage. Sure they got a little boost on 42v but they could have doubled the boost with 48v and really had something... All the components in this cart are 48v compatible they just got hung up on 42v with 7/6v batteries.
I suggest you simply put 6/8v batteries in it (loosing a hundred pounds) gaining 17.5v more.
Get the batts and a charger like Yewey 1200z with FLOAT and you won't be disappointed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #8
Juanrosario12680
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Series drive carts usually have a lever to change direction - The 42v Series Western was the first venture into high voltage operation. Prior to this model everything was 24 or 36 volts. Yup. lots of 24v 3 wheel carts and floor buffers out there.
What Western didn't know is how well the series motor reacts to increased voltage. Sure they got a little boost on 42v but they could have doubled the boost with 48v and really had something... All the components in this cart are 48v compatible they just got hung up on 42v with 7/6v batteries.
I suggest you simply put 6/8v batteries in it (loosing a hundred pounds) gaining 17.5v more.
Get the batts and a charger like Yewey 1200z with FLOAT and you won't be disappointed.
ScottyB I sent you a message regarding some parts, I tried calling the cartsunlimited number on the website but it’s been disconnected. I’ll work on getting the batteries and charger this weekend though.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #9
Juanrosario12680
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB, I just ordered the 1200z with float

Tags
36v, 42v, 48v, confused, wth
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO