lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #1
Sweaver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Wiring F/R switch...need little help

My project 2008.5 precedent did not have a F/R switch (just 3 wires sticking out of the hole). Looks like brown, blue, and yellow-orange....

Obvioulsy if the switch was there, id just replace them onto the new switch...but it wasnt. Every diagram i have found just shows the wires going to the switch but not specifically which ones go where.

The switch has 3 terminals. Im guessing orange is hot (middle?) and the contactor goes between blue and brown on the sides with it being open in the middle?
Sweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring F/R switch...need little help

should be easy enough with your volt meter set to the continuity beep setting (or OHMS).

don't guess the orange wire is hot. did you hit any of them with the volt meter?
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:50 AM   #3
Sweaver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply/help! The cart has issues.... most of the electrics were ripped out when i got the cart a couple weeks ago. While Im learning alot, im also not 100% that its wired correctly. I just tested the orange is at 50v with switch in RUN. The other 2 are 0v.

So is it as i expect that hot in the middle (and the other are forward/reverse on the ends)? I had it set up like that last night and it didnt run, so i was thinking maybe I had screwed it up somehow...
Old 05-12-2020, 07:50 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those are the colors for an Excel cart (PH S/N) and yes, Orange = middle/power, Brown = Forward and Blue = Reverse.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:52 AM   #5
Sweaver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hmmm....its was a PQ, honestly i dont know what it is now.

The wiring harness was there. But not much else electrically. Its possible that it was swapped into it.

I assumed it was the PQ harness. Tahoedawg sent me instructions on how to make a 1515 controller work with the pq harness....now im wondering if it already has the correct harness???
Old 05-12-2020, 07:55 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The IQ colors should have been Red=Power, White=FWD and Blue=REV.

What color is the Controller, black or gray?
Old 05-12-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
Sweaver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It came with an unwired 1510 (black). They are definitely not red,white, blue.

It currently has a grey 1515 controller. I modified the harness as instructed by tahoedawg on the assumotion that it as a PQ harness....maybe thats the problem?
Old 05-12-2020, 08:18 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

So You added the resistors to each of the 3 throttle wires and provided a new negative to the speed sensor to convert the IQ to Excel harness?

That was about the time they moved the electronics to the back instead of in the middle of the batteries so the harness could be different, David would definitively be more familiar with the actual transition aspects.

As long as the throttle signal as measured on controller pin #2 (yellow wire) goes from about 0.3v (Pedal UP) to no more than 4.7v (Pedal Down), the throttle should be fine.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #9
Sweaver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, i added the 3 resistors and connected pin 13 over to pin 3.
Yes, my electronics are on the back (not middle).

I believe my mcor is failed though, as the cart isnt moving at all. I bench tested it and the yellow/white wires on the 3pin mcor plug dont show continuity when the pedal is pushed. The 2 pin plug tested ok though...
Old 05-12-2020, 08:35 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You will not have continuity between Yellow and White wires as the resistance is higher than the meter's "continuity" requirement, which is usually 200Ω or less.

If You set your meter to 20kΩ resistance setting, You should get between approximately 6.8kΩ to 1kΩ from pedal UP to Pedal Down.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car