lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New Onward with factory Lithium vs. New Onward FLA with Lithium swap afterward?

I currently have a 2008 Precedent in which I have put the 60ah Allied Lithium kit. I've also used the "speed code 5" OBC-reprogramming tool to allow me to get some decent speed (enough for me) out of the stock motor and controller.

Still, it is a 2008 cart with plenty of squeaks, rattles, a scratch here and there, etc., and at some point I'm going to want to buy a new Onward.

I know I want Lithium batteries. The question is whether to buy a new Onward with factory Lithium batteries or to buy one with FLA batteries and then sell those and put in a Lithium battery myself. Does anyone know how the factory Onward Lithium specs compare to the Allied 60ah set?

In either case, I'm assuming the "speed code 5" reprogrammer is only for older models, and so for more speed at a minimum I'd have to ask the dealer to give me speed code 4 if I didn't want to go for an aftermarket controller/motor.

Also, on my 2008 Precedent, I had to bypass the OBC to use aftermarket Lithium batteries/charger. I assume I'd have to do the same on an Onward?
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Onward with factory Lithium vs. New Onward FLA with Lithium swap afterward?

I'm curious of the differences they can program those new Onwards for. We have a neighbor who got the AC package and its set from the factory for 19 I think, not sure if they bought the lithium or not but I have to imagine the speed could be near doubled with the AC setup.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car