lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries needing more water lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
I wasnt knock your batteries you have done well with them (unless exide made them for duracell). I am speaking from my experience with sams club 8 volt Duracell batteries . i had two set over the years (helped when you can get them tax free) and never got better then 4 yrs out of them. the set I have now are trojan 875 and in oct they will be 5 yrs old and still going strong .
I knew you weren't.

I was just using your post as a segue to allow me to brag some as well as post the chart and map.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
You mention “rotten egg smell”. Check each cell with hydrometer. I only say this because in the past, few times I smelled that odor it usually let to a bad,weak cell in a battery. Might be worth checking. At worse will help tell health of battery condition.
FYI was always taught to never remove charger from batteries until charging cycle is completed. Doing so can cause batteries to not properly Charge and balance.

My previous 6 year plus Trojans used to need water every 3 charges.
My 1 year old US batteries have needed water maybe 4 times.

Johnnie B nice chart. Thanks😊
US Battery recommends "Opportunity Charging", or in other words, doing a partial charge whenever the opportunity presents itself. The attached .jpg file is the first couple of paragraphs and the .pdf file is the complete charging recommendations download.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oppertunity charging.JPG (145.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf charging_instruction_2011_2.pdf (2.33 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:16 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
I wasnt knock your batteries you have done well with them (unless exide made them for duracell). I am speaking from my experience with sams club 8 volt Duracell batteries . i had two set over the years (helped when you can get them tax free) and never got better then 4 yrs out of them. the set I have now are trojan 875 and in oct they will be 5 yrs old and still going strong .
Whoa, whoa. This is the first time I've heard in years that a cheaper battery might not be quite as good as a "big name brand in the deep-red colored box". The pitch is usually "get the highest AH available, regardless of the brand, and everyone just loves the results".(making sure you read the specs is critical if you think your getting "the good deal"). I'm not saying I dont understand that a small group of few manufacturers make all the batteries (because I understand that). If you buy the "super deal $79.99 each" batteries, check the specs, and know you are almost always getting the "low end ones". We once offered some cheap korean "black box" batteries that had "all the good specs". They actually turned out to be really great batteries, "meets & exceeds the rated specs", and almost all lasted the 5-year "expected life" just fine. But, dang, the messiest, juicy batteries I ever seen, nasty corrosion monsters. I really appreciated how good they were for "meets & exceeds expectations". But, the messy corrosion monsters. Even worse than US (and their "cheap box versions", US batteries are the "messiest" of the top-grade batteries, in my opinion).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:24 AM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO