lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Can't go slow

First of all hello, i haven't been on the forum for quite a while. Anyway i bought a Roypow lithium power pack for my cart. All was well until yesterday when i can't touch the accelerator pedal without getting what feels like 100% power. It will just about break your neck. Also, another issue is that it cuts out when going and push pedal all the way down. I am wondering if controller has gone haywire? When i first put this controller in i had to turn the accelerator function down and it was fine when i first put the lithium power in. Any help is greatly appreciated!
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #2
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can't go slow

Not sure what kind of cart you have, but my cart has an ITS throttle. Under the foot mat. It went bad and was stuck sending max voltage and telling controller to send 100% throttle. I took it out and used blow dryer on it to dry it out. Put it back on and it worked normal. I later replaced but it worked until the part came in.
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What he said, plus there is a in-line connector that connects the gray cable coning out of the pedal box to the wiring harness. That connector corrodes and causes all sorts of problems.

Cut off both parts of the connector and splice the four wires with individual butt-splices or solder joints and waterproof the connections with marine grade (adhesive filled) shrink tubing.

Another possibility is electrical noise on the frame. See hatched filter kit installation instructions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Throttle filter.jpg (244.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:20 AM   #4
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you guys for your responses. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #5
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, fixed the first problem. In looking at the wires from the ITS to the controller i found the problem so thank you guys for directing me in the right direction.

I still have the second issue where all power cuts out if i apply full pedal. I can run up to about 28 mph and cuts out if i apply more throttle. I was getting about 32mph. Pack voltage is reading 52.2. Could controller be limiting what is delivered to the motor?
Old 09-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilliams View Post
Ok, fixed the first problem. In looking at the wires from the ITS to the controller i found the problem so thank you guys for directing me in the right direction.

I still have the second issue where all power cuts out if i apply full pedal. I can run up to about 28 mph and cuts out if i apply more throttle. I was getting about 32mph. Pack voltage is reading 52.2. Could controller be limiting what is delivered to the motor?
Can you record a data log that includes the power cutting off?

Not sure what parameters a SMP logs, but even the AXE and DCX controllers recorded %throttle, motor volts and motor amps.

Select the continuous sampling rate.
You cannot attach a .csv file, so zip it and attach the .zip file.
Don't worry about file size, you can attach a 9.54MB zip file and 1 hour of data from my XCT (40 parameters monitored, plus date and time) only makes a 1.7MB .csv file, which compresses about 8:1 when zipped.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:50 AM   #7
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's way above my pay grade but my son is coming into town this weekend and may be able to help me out. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO