lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 07:38 AM   #1
Justincox08
Not Yet Wild

Default XCT Questions

Just got my XCT48500PDS from ScottyB this is my first time ever messing with a Golf Cart but I had this installed in about 2 hours last night. Everything else so far is still stock but I plan on upgrading more in the future. I'm also planning on getting an FN2 or a DIY Personality Switch for the user profiles.

I'm upgrading from a bad Curtis 1206 controller that had a solenoid circuit failure. I've been running this for a little while bypassing the circuit activation but it kept me in limp mode so I was limited to about 5 MPH, which was okay for my wife driving the two little kids around the property. But I was tired of it.

After installing this I realized it might be a little much for the wife kids so I was trying to replicate something similar to the limp mode. I tried to limit the RPM's to around 1800 which would put me at around 8 MPH but when I went down a hill the regen braking was really jerky. How can I fix this? How does the limp mode work on the Curtis controller? RPM Limit, AMP Limit, Disable Regen?

Thanks,
Justin
Justincox08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: XCT Questions

You can make your own personality switch with this Alltrax DIY drawing. Parts needed are listed bottom right. Molex parts from Mouser Electronics.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Personality Switch - XCT-SPDT-CABLE.pdf (117.1 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can reduce the regen max amps, that would make the regen braking less powerful and therefore less jerky.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
Justincox08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
You can make your own personality switch with this Alltrax DIY drawing. Parts needed are listed bottom right. Molex parts from Mouser Electronics.
I think this is the method I'm leaning towards, thanks for the PDF!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #5
Justincox08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
You can reduce the regen max amps, that would make the regen braking less powerful and therefore less jerky.
Is it common to be real jerky when going down hill? Do you know what kind of AMP settings the stock Curtis controller uses for regen? I've never ridden a stock golf cart down a big hill act jerky like the regen was kicking in and out... or do I need to increase the AMP's to stop the regen from disabling when it gets too high?

Is there a reason I would ever have Regen Armature & Regen Battery at different settings? How high can I go safely on the T105 batteries?

Thanks,
Justin
Old 09-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

First change is to select Turf mode vs Street. Then reduce the throttle rate by 40%.
Try that... then try reducing rpm limit & regen amps. Even armature amps.

Maybe you have to set it to 300 for your other half... this is where a personality switch or even a FN2 works well.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #7
Justincox08
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
First change is to select Turf mode vs Street. Then reduce the throttle rate by 40%.
Try that... then try reducing rpm limit & regen amps. Even armature amps.

Maybe you have to set it to 300 for your other half... this is where a personality switch or even a FN2 works well.
Thanks Sotty,

I do plan on doing the switch but I was just testing everything out for now.

I'll keep tinkering with settings to see if I can smooth it out, I was looking at the throttle curve and looks like it was configured to "Standard" I was reading that you usually send these with your custom throttle curve is that true?

Thanks,
Justin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO