lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
golden_eagle
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Rear End Sound

My 2008 RXV is making an odd scraping sounding noise from the rear end frequently. It makes the sound turning, slowing down and sometimes when maintaining a constant speed. It normally does not make the sound when accelerating. It sounds like it is coming more from the passenger side of the cart. I have attached a .zip file with 2 recordings. One is moving extremely slow in the driveway going in reverse and forward. The other recording is cruising at normal speed. Does anybody have an idea on what this could be?
Attached Files
File Type: zip RXV_Noise.zip (591.6 KB, 0 views)
golden_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: RXV Rear End Sound

First thing to check is make sure that the hubs are tight. 100+ ft lbs of torque.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When was the last time the lube and addative where changed? I think it's recommended every 3 years.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
golden_eagle
Not Yet Wild

Checked the hubs and they are tight. Part of rear axle was replaced by shop recently and I am pretty sure they swapped fluid, but I will confirm with them. Either way it doesn't sound like it is coming from the diff. Sound was same before and after the service. I also noticed that if it is making the sound while driving the sound stops while the brakes are being applied. So accelerating and stopping are about the only times where the sound is never heard.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:26 AM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine was making a similar creaking type sound when travelling in forward making turns and I discovered it was the axle bearings. Pretty easy swap. Hardest part was the snap rings in the axles.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #6
golden_eagle
Not Yet Wild

Replaced both rear end hubs, bearings and oil seals. Changed the diff fluid as well. The fluid had definitely not been changed previously and was way past it's prime. All good now and runs quiet and smooth.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO