lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
zvanlemmeren
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT Series will only go in one direction

I have an early 2000's Series TXT that I'm in the process of completely upgrading with one of the packages from Scottie at Carts Unlimited. I have everything installed and wired up but I can only get the cart to go in one direction but not the other when I flip the rocker switch. If I switch the A2 wire from one side of the contactor to the other it will go in the other direction, so it has moved in both forward and reverse. Any ideas what I'm messing up?
zvanlemmeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2020, 06:32 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT Series will only go in one direction

I'm assuming you have installed a set of Reversing Contactors. When you put the switch in "F" and press the go-peddle, do you hear the Contactors "click"?

And if you move the rocker switch to "R" and press the go-peddle, do you hear the Contactors "Click"?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
zvanlemmeren
Not Yet Wild

yes there is a click when the pedal is pressed. here are some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200926_092704734.jpg (201.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200926_092720109.jpg (127.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-26-2020, 02:06 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok....your pics....I see the BLUE marked wire from the F\R switch goes to one terminal on the RC. But where does the YELLOW wire from the F\R switch go to?

You should have 4 "prongs" at the bottom of each side of the RC. Use the prongs that face the same direction on both sides for wiring. So:

-The top prong on each side should have a small wire coming from a NEG power source. I have mine wired in right at the controller -. The NEG wire from that source can be connected to the top prong on each side of the RC.

-Then you should have a POS wire that is connected to the center prong of the F\R switch.

-Then on each "outer" prong on the F\R switch, one goes to the "lower prong" on one side of the RC, and the other to the "lower prong" on the other side of the RC.

-Assuming your cables are routed to the correct place, power it up and the RC should work.

Now, for those "other prongs" you should have a diode connected between them. See this pic below:

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
zvanlemmeren
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO