lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2020, 08:22 PM   #1
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo turn signals not coming on or flash.

I just noticed turn signals don't turn on or flash. Its a new wiring harness. All other lights work. The little lights indicator on the the after market handle are not lighting either. I've checked all fuses and connections and see nothing wrong.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo turn signals not coming on or flash.

A little more detail would be helpful. Did the turn signals work at some point and suddenly stop working? Is the light kit aftermarket or factory EZGO? What type of relay are you using for the turn signals? LED's or halogen? What type of after market turn signal switch?
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwarmiller View Post
A little more detail would be helpful. Did the turn signals work at some point and suddenly stop working? Is the light kit aftermarket or factory EZGO? What type of relay are you using for the turn signals? LED's or halogen? What type of after market turn signal switch?
The turn signals worked fine for over a year. I removed dash this morning and replaced the 2 prong led relay/flasher. It is an aftermarket deluxe kit. I traced the yellow wire back as far as I could and found no bad connections. I checked other connections too. No voltage at flasher connector.

Old 10-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

If there's no power to the flasher it's probably a problem in the switch. I've seen a few of those knock little spring contacts loose inside the switch.
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #5
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
If there's no power to the flasher it's probably a problem in the switch. I've seen a few of those knock little spring contacts loose inside the switch.
I think your right. I went over everything one more time. Finding exact switch will be next hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

They're not as complicated inside as you might think. I've taken a few apart and made them work. If it's not working now you've got nothing to loose, right? Just be aware there ARE spring loaded parts inside so take your time & be on the lookout for small pieces.
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #7
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
They're not as complicated inside as you might think. I've taken a few apart and made them work. If it's not working now you've got nothing to loose, right? Just be aware there ARE spring loaded parts inside so take your time & be on the lookout for small pieces.
Update: traced wires to flasher relay connector and I have 12v at flasher. Went back through to check for an inline fuse to turn signal on column. No fuse. Flasher is new same brand. I think for sure now its on column. Any ideasl

Old 10-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #8
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach cart View Post
Update: traced wires to flasher relay connector and I have 12v at flasher. Went back through to check for an inline fuse to turn signal on column. No fuse. Flasher is new same brand. I think for sure now its on column. Any ideasl

Final update: You all get a good laugh on me. After all the above. I replaced the 1.4 watt 14v little indicator light under the cover. Pulled the hazard switch out and they all work. Left and right turn signals. What the HELL. Could that little indicator be completing the circuit. Not sure, its fixed, but another golfcart wiring mystery.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO