lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
Pool-man
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo pds with xct controller suddenly won’t move

I have an 03 PDS cart with xct500, high torque motor, and high amp solenoid. The cart worked great but then suddenly it wouldn’t move. When I pressed pedal the solenoid would click and the motor made a noise like it was trying to go but no movement at all. I tested the voltage from the new battery pack and got 38 volts. The light was green on the controller until I pressed the pedal then I got the low voltage error flashes from the led. I tested the voltage at the solenoid and found it had 38 on battery side & 32 on the controller side with the pedal pressed. I felt like this was telling me I had a bad solenoid. The cart is about 3 hours away & I would like to be prepared if the solenoid is not the issue. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Pool-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo pds with xct controller suddenly won’t move

If you had 38V on the battery side large terminal with pedal pressed and 32V on controller side large terminal with pedal pressed, then there may be a solenoid problem.

But if the pedal wasn't press when you got 38V on the battery side large terminal, then we don't know if the solenoid contacts are bad or if the battery voltage drops to 32V when pedal is pressed.

Also, what is the under voltage slider set for? (32V shouldn't have triggered the under voltage error unless it was set too high.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #3
Pool-man
Not Yet Wild

38 volts on battery side of solenoid with pedal pressed & 32 on controller side with pedal pressed. Already purchased new solenoid just want to be prepared since cart is hours away
Pool-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Take a laptop or similar device with you so you can record a data log to post here if the solenoid doesn't fix it and to get screen saves of controller settings.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO