lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #11
Carnut12
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Considering an Express L6

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
Any opinions on Express L6 72V vs the Icon I60L? Both run AC motors off of 350 amp controller. Icon is a 48V pack and EZGO is 72V pack. Would be interested in hearing what Bob knows.

At end of day I think a Bob Boyce programmed EZGO will be difficult to beat. I know there is a guy on here working on programming ICONs but nothing avavilable publicly yet.
I agree honestly until I joined here I was dead set on either an Icon or Club Car. Now I’m also leaning towards EZ-GO Express L6. My neighborhood that I’m moving too has lots of hills that is playing a part in me changing. Also moving to GA where Bob visits is a game changer.

Just curious were you able to get a discount? I’ve read discounts were readily available until the demand started outpacing the supply.

We are moving in late March so I need to order soon, we are still conflicted on 4 vs 6 seat.
Carnut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A couple of unsolicited comments: Over 20 years I've had 3 carts and still have 2 of them in a city designed for carts with thousands of them. On the 4 vs 6 seat matter I offer this. The vast majority of carts here have the rear facing back seat. When traveling among them when they are loaded with kids/teens, the rear seat occupants are invariably twisted around looking forward. We have access to a 6 seat cart and the middle row is the place everyone including the dog wants to be. So if the choice is between the S4 and L6 I would take the L6. If ordering it without the third seat is an option you might consider that as you can always add the third seat later if you decide you need it. Carts of various makes with 2 rows facing forward and no rear facing seat are common here.
Also, ask your dealer about a DoubleTake canopy. He may be a dealer for them also. I've had both the factory and the Doubletake one. The DoubleTake has built in tracks for the side curtains if you ever decide you need that option. All together it is a very nice set up. Lots of color options not available from the factory also.
48v vs 72v. 72v for sure. Recommend Bob Boyce tuning if possible also. He did my RXV. Its a beast even with the 235 amp controller.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:00 AM   #13
Carnut12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
A couple of unsolicited comments: Over 20 years I've had 3 carts and still have 2 of them in a city designed for carts with thousands of them. On the 4 vs 6 seat matter I offer this. The vast majority of carts here have the rear facing back seat. When traveling among them when they are loaded with kids/teens, the rear seat occupants are invariably twisted around looking forward. We have access to a 6 seat cart and the middle row is the place everyone including the dog wants to be. So if the choice is between the S4 and L6 I would take the L6. If ordering it without the third seat is an option you might consider that as you can always add the third seat later if you decide you need it. Carts of various makes with 2 rows facing forward and no rear facing seat are common here.
Also, ask your dealer about a DoubleTake canopy. He may be a dealer for them also. I've had both the factory and the Doubletake one. The DoubleTake has built in tracks for the side curtains if you ever decide you need that option. All together it is a very nice set up. Lots of color options not available from the factory also.
48v vs 72v. 72v for sure. Recommend Bob Boyce tuning if possible also. He did my RXV. Its a beast even with the 235 amp controller.
Great points!!! Thank you!!
Carnut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:32 AM   #14
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut12 View Post
I agree honestly until I joined here I was dead set on either an Icon or Club Car. Now I’m also leaning towards EZ-GO Express L6. My neighborhood that I’m moving too has lots of hills that is playing a part in me changing. Also moving to GA where Bob visits is a game changer.

Just curious were you able to get a discount? I’ve read discounts were readily available until the demand started outpacing the supply.

We are moving in late March so I need to order soon, we are still conflicted on 4 vs 6 seat.
They quoted me a $350 discount. Demand seems to be high where I am at in South Florida. Im going to tell dealer this and see if they will apply any additional discounts or throw in anything.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:43 AM   #15
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
All good notes. I don't want to take up any more room in the garage with a second forward facing seat. I gotta cram the cart, my workshop, kids stuff, and a workout area all into a oversized two car garage. The L6 will be in way of work out as is but any longer and I have to move equipment. Right now I just have to pull it out when I want to do certain workouts which isn't a big deal.

The fam will fit on all the forward facing seats. When we pickup friends on in laws the rear facing will be the overflow seating.

Ive already let Bob know I have a March target delivery and will reach out as soon as I have date so I don't hopefully miss him on one of his trips. He programmed my TXT and Ive been very happy with it (especially when I smoke my buddy in his Club Cart) Not only can he make your cart a mean machine, hes always a great conversation.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO