lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2020, 08:30 PM   #1
Geena99
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 ezgo txt won't go forward or reverse

Bear with me as I am new. I have read several threads but cannot find what I am looking for.

Golf cart just started stopping intermittently and could smell something hot. Found a melted wire and replaced it but it continued. Seemed if you let it sit a bit it would run fine until you stopped and wanted to switch from forward to reverse. Couldn't hear solenoid click, replaced it.. NOPE

Further examination found the 1 wire broken and 1 wire not making contact on Resistor Assembly Speed Controller. Picture attached.

Put that on today and still not working.
A while back I saw a Pdf file that was a step by step list of what you check for and what the correct readings should be. Of course I didn't save it and now I can't find it. Can you help me out with the step by step file? Will check all of that before coming back here for additional help. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resistor.JPG (35.5 KB, 0 views)
Geena99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2020, 12:08 AM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 ezgo txt won't go forward or reverse

Check the Ezgo Electric forum stickies for diagnostics.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 ezgo txt won't go forward or reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geena99 View Post
Bear with me as I am new. I have read several threads but cannot find what I am looking for.

Golf cart just started stopping intermittently and could smell something hot. Found a melted wire and replaced it but it continued. Seemed if you let it sit a bit it would run fine until you stopped and wanted to switch from forward to reverse. Couldn't hear solenoid click, replaced it.. NOPE

Further examination found the 1 wire broken and 1 wire not making contact on Resistor Assembly Speed Controller. Picture attached.

Put that on today and still not working.
A while back I saw a Pdf file that was a step by step list of what you check for and what the correct readings should be. Of course I didn't save it and now I can't find it. Can you help me out with the step by step file? Will check all of that before coming back here for additional help. Thanks!
Here are a couple troubleshooting aids and service manual.

Sounds like the controller is going belly up. If it is, don't replace it with a stock DCS controller (Curtis 1206SX), it was a poor design and has a high failure rate. Use an Alltrax XCT48400-DCS and upgrade the solenoid to at least 200A. (Stock solenoid is only 85A)/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dcs.pdf (84.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf EZ-GO DCS with 1206SX Control.pdf (739.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf me5,5 passenger,electric,28397G01RS.pdf (17.31 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO