lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #1
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2021 Models Now on Website

So when I ordered my 72V Express in December the lady at dealer kept saying its a little odd and difficult to show me what I am ordering since I am ordering a 2021 model but 2020 data and stuff is still listed on the website. It was really confusing because when I was shopping online you'd see listing everywhere for 2021 carts at dealers with pictures of what was at the time, the current body style. Anyways....

Looks like they updated their website (and their PRICING ). Good news for me is that I get 2020 pricing on the 2021 cart. Overall I love the new body style and the new Slate color (had metallic charcoal on order). Changes look to include

New body style
New dash layout taken from Cushman Hauler
Doubletake Cruze rear facing seat instead of GTW style
Improved stock speed
New interior upgrade options
New wheel/tire options
Brushguard is now extra

According to the sell sheet, cart is taller than 2020 (72" v 83"). Guess what my garage door exact height clearance is from the top of lip to the the hard part of the plastic weather strip? 83" exactly. Soooooo I am waiting to hear how exact that measurement is. If its exactly 83" to the highest point of canopy, I should be ok. Carts come down a bit when you sit in them and I can fill a bucket with sand in order to get the back down when I am solo. Or I will cut the struts and reweld or create a coupler fitting and lose an inch.

Anyone gotten their hands on one?

https://ezgo.txtsv.com/personal/golfcarts/express-l6

Ive been working with Broward Electric Car and they have been great. They are even going to work with factory to get a different rear seat for me since I want the Doubletake Helix X2 rear facing seat since Id prefer the containment of that seat with the little ones.

Just 7-8 more lonnnnnng weeks
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
Carnut12
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2021 Models Now on Website

I saw the same, you better double check what you’re getting because I saw multiple 2021’s at dealers that were not updated. It looks like it is a rolling change.

I prefer the New one, but as you said the price jumped pretty significantly.
Carnut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure how it can be 10” taller. That would equate to a much bigger lift and tires. Knowing Ezgo it might be a typo

Edit: I went and looked at the website and searched local inventory at just from looking at the pictures it appears the roof supports are longer. Also like was said it appears that there are early 2021s and then the new body style available.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #4
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

First thing I did was call dealer. She told me when I ordered that I was ordering new body style but wouldn’t be able to see until they updated website in early January. Confined I’m getting new body style at old price. But brush guard was extra lol. I’ll take that deal.

Ya I’m not sure on height they are calling their rep at Ezgo to confirm. Either way if I have to modify struts and cut them down and reattach with sleeve or weld I’ll do that.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:18 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here is where I was looking for pictures

https://ezgo.txtsv.com/shopping-tool...87bb3f7b1df430
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:50 PM   #6
Carnut12
Not Yet Wild

I’m looking to order one next week, I love the new dash and the revised look.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:53 PM   #7
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut12 View Post
I’m looking to order one next week, I love the new dash and the revised look.
carnut1 did you place your order yet?

Same here. Although I also liked the older body style this one feels like a nice mix of aggressive body lines with smoothed over corners. Its basically the same design with more rounded edges and corners.

Wonder if they changed anything under the hood. Specs remain same but suddenly they show a higher top speed (unprogrammed obviously)?

Finalized my changes and waiting for a production update. Im slapping on the Doubletake Helix rear seat at the dealer and they will credit me back for the stock rear facing seat. Comes out to a couple hundred dollar upgrade but everyone Ive asked says they would feel safer with the caged in style of the Helix.

Can't wait to see what you do with yours. Ive been trying to find better pics of the dash but can't find any online.

Cmon March.....get here already!
Old 01-29-2021, 03:38 PM   #8
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So just got a delivery update.

JULY 15th!!!!!!!!! YIKES!

Im now starting to seriously consider the ICON. Local dealer gets a delivery each week of 4-6 carts.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:15 PM   #9
Carnut12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
So just got a delivery update.

JULY 15th!!!!!!!!! YIKES!

Im now starting to seriously consider the ICON. Local dealer gets a delivery each week of 4-6 carts.
If I were in Florida with no hills I would’ve gone Icon with the 8-6v batteries.

I ordered mine after you so mine might be after that, I’m not sure if some dealers get more allocations then others. I don’t move until April so I’m in no rush, my neighborhood is really hilly so I’m going to wait it out.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:36 PM   #10
Carnut12
Not Yet Wild

Just curious how did you get your ETA?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO