lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2021, 06:19 PM   #51
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 ezgo txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-shot View Post
Johnny. Am I on the right wire where one wire becomes two? If you can see in the photo one part of the wire isn’t connected.
That looks like splice done by a previous owner.

The beeper works and you are getting 33V or so on J1 Pin-5

Wait a minute you said the beeper no longer work in post#39, so that may be the wire that should go the the solenoid's battery side larger terminal. Check to see if there is a ring terminal with a broken wire on it. I can't tell in the picture.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2021, 06:58 PM   #52
hot-shot
Gone Wild

I have no beep and no solenoid. I replaced solenoid some time back. Could of had a ring terminal that dropped and I didn’t see it? I traced the red wire from J1 pin5 it appears to go to the buzzer beeper under the dash.
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:23 PM   #53
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Hey Johnny. Check this out. I went to my friends house because he has the same cart. The yellow and blue that go to the small terminals were reversed from mine. Also that red wire in question had a ring terminal hat is connected to the big post on the solenoid. I changed the yellow and blue wire and added a ring terminal to the red wire hooked it up and all seems good. What are tour thoughts? I hope this is it. You have been a blessing.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:49 PM   #54
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The solenoid coil isn't polarized, so it doesn't matter which small terminal is the yellow or blue wire is conected to.

Glad to hear it is running again.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:12 PM   #55
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Just for my on knowledge. Why did that red wire make such a difference? Thank you again.
Old 02-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #56
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX) is at best a kludge (Techno-speak for an ill-assorted collection of parts assembled to fulfill a particular purpose). To get B+ to one side of the solenoid coil, it has to go in and out of the controller 4 times through 8 plug/jack interfaces and 4 sets of switch contacts. To energize the solenoid, it has to go through another set of switch contacts, 1 more journey through the controller and 2 more plug/jack interfaces.

All it takes is a little corrosion within any of the 10 plug/jack interfaces to make the system misbehave.

The above is just the voltage path for J1 Pin-4. J1 Pin-5 isn't as complex, but still goes through the controller once and back into it once for 3 plug/jack interfaces and one set of switch contacts.

You were getting some voltage on J1 Pin-5 even thought the red wire wasn't connected to the solenoid's battery side large terminal. I suspect that was due to cross-talk from J1 Pin-4 due to corrosion.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:09 AM   #57
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Well said Dr. thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO