lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #11
ritchie106
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1986 EZ-GO Marathon Electric Cart stalls with accelerator pedal pushed beyond 1/5

Just replaced the switchboard and contacts and the resistor and all cables involved on my 1986 marathon. When I turn the key it wants to go without pressing the gas. Also sparks as the sweeper goes up the switchboard. Please help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
ritchie106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2017, 06:57 PM   #12
MidFloridaTile
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EZ-GO Marathon Electric Cart stalls with accelerator pedal pushed beyond 1/5

Hello all,

I am having the exact same issue as the original poster.

1992 EZ-GO Marathon 36V.

On a couple of occasions my cart would just stop when I depressed the accelerator, once at night I had to drive home over a mile in reverse.

I replaced the solenoid today and while test driving it found that I am only able to depress the accelerator about 25% before the cart just stops. I take my foot off the pedal allowing the pedal to come all the way back up, depress it again and the cart goes forward, reaches it's max speed at about 20-25% depressed, but beyond that, cart stops.

Now it runs fine like this except I have to kind of walk the line with my foot pressure (I have a lead foot) to keep it in the "running zone" if you know what I mean.

It would seem the OP never posted a solution to his or her problem.

Any help would be great.

Jim
MidFloridaTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO