lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 Ez TXT (need a lil more speed)

On stock height tires (18"), the speed is 13-14 MPH.

If the high current cables, F/R contacts, Solenoid contacts, high currents connections and/or motor is sub-par, you will get less than that.
(Anything in the high current loop with resistance in it will reduce top speed)

Increasing the tire height will increase speed, but you will also loose torque.
IE: 20" is the tallest tire that fits under a non-lifted cart and will give you a 10% increase in speed at the cost of a 10% reduction in torque.

Yes, there is room for a seventh battery under the seat, and it will increase both speed and torque, but I don't know how much.
In fact, eight 6V batteries will fit under the seat, but you have to do some mods on the F/R assembly the shoehorn the one on the passenger side in.

Of course, you have to upgrade the controller and solenoid to up the voltage.

If any of the high current cables, components or connections are getting more than slightly warm, you are loosing power in the form of heat that could be converted to motion by the motor.

------------
What is the battery pack voltage? It should be 38.2V after the batteries have rested 12 hours after charger turns off automatically.
Each battery should be 6.37V and all should be withing 0.1V of each other.

The batteries should be charged after every use, no matter how slight.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #12
zimmty84
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2001 TXT Series model that seems to be a bit slow for my liking. Top end it will go 12MPH and seems to settle around 9 or 10 MPH. This is new to me and my first electric golf cart. Any suggestions?
zimmty84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmty84 View Post
I have a 2001 TXT Series model that seems to be a bit slow for my liking. Top end it will go 12MPH and seems to settle around 9 or 10 MPH. This is new to me and my first electric golf cart. Any suggestions?
Welcome to BGW!

On a level hard surface, a stock 2001 TXT series drive cart ought to have a top speed in the 13-14 MPH range.

You are getting less than that, so you may have some issues with the high current cables, contacts and connections, as well as a weak battery pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO