lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2019, 11:31 PM   #401
RosscoB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bit the bullet Leaf Lithium build

So much great information. Following.
RosscoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2019, 12:41 AM   #402
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith93611 View Post
anyone know the torque specifications on a G2 pack?
Just tighten them down evenly until you can't see any remaining space between the modules and feel them snug down. It's pretty easy to tell when they are tight. I like to measure the corners to make sure that I have the 4 corners tightened evenly. I believe that it usually 19 inches for 14 modules.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:45 AM   #403
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Just tighten them down evenly until you can't see any remaining space between the modules and feel them snug down. It's pretty easy to tell when they are tight. I like to measure the corners to make sure that I have the 4 corners tightened evenly. I believe that it usually 19 inches for 14 modules.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Perfect!, Thanks~ mind did hit just about the same "19""... I'm doing the BMS wiring now and TechDirect shorted me some hardware, do you by chance know the size of the bolt needed for the center Balance connection on the battery?
Keith93611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #404
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

A few other questions:
Is using ReGen and issue ?
Do i need to set the amp draw settling or anything else on my AllTrax 500 amp XCT controller ?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:06 AM   #405
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The middle terminal uses M4 x 16 screws.

When properly tightened there should be 1.3333" spacing between the terminals from module to module.

The leaf battery will accept 120 amps of Regen current, in addition to limiting the Regen battery current (the regen motor current can be set higher) You should also set the XCT over voltage limit slightly below your max pack voltage.

That way the XCT will automatically reduce the Regen current to prevent the pack voltage from exceeding that voltage setting.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #406
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The middle terminal uses M4 x 16 screws.

When properly tightened there should be 1.3333" spacing between the terminals from module to module.

The leaf battery will accept 120 amps of Regen current, in addition to limiting the Regen battery current (the regen motor current can be set higher) You should also set the XCT over voltage limit slightly below your max pack voltage.

That way the XCT will automatically reduce the Regen current to prevent the pack voltage from exceeding that voltage setting.
Thank you~
Old 08-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #407
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You should also set the XCT over voltage limit slightly below your max pack voltage.

That's a great idea Sergio! I never thought of that and next time I am in there I'll change the max V setting on my cart.

As for regen, you'll find out on your much lighter lithium cart that the regen will slow your cart a lot more. I have my regen set to 85amps max and when my regen kicks in it feels (almost) like I am on the brakes...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:33 PM   #408
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The nice thing to me about the Regen brake is how smoothly it can slow down the cart, even when set aggressively.

I don't know if you saw this a couple of weeks ago, but it is pretty clever use of Regen brake:
https://www.greencarreports.com/news...o-be-recharged
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #409
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
The nice thing to me about the Regen brake is how smoothly it can slow down the cart, even when set aggressively.

I don't know if you saw this a couple of weeks ago, but it is pretty clever use of Regen brake:
https://www.greencarreports.com/news...o-be-recharged
That's pretty neat. OTOH.....the regen going down hill with a full load and coming back up empty would work within certain distances I guess. But flip it around when loading goes uphill full and regen empty downhill and it may not work.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:15 PM   #410
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

is there a list of Zeva parts needed? im done with Chargery.... 2 systems up in smoke!! first one was while sitting in my office and the second one installed while being charged with a chargery C10325 charger and communication port hooked up. started sparking and had to yank the BMS cables...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_1680.jpg (38.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO