lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
dragonetti
Not Yet Wild

Default 2020 Ezgo L6 Elite Lithium

New to the forum and just bought a new 2020 Ezgo L6 Elite Lithium. I had a modified ezgo TXT 36v that i loved but it was time to upgrade.

I was aware of the speed issue but wanted to see if anyone has insight into speeding it up.

Any guidacne would be appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (176.6 KB, 0 views)
dragonetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2020 Ezgo L6 Elite Lithium

First where do you live?
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

You will need to make 2 more posts before you will be able to use PM. Where are you located? The 2020 elites are not so good about upgrades. E-Z-GO has limited them more than the 2019 models.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
MACamp
Not Yet Wild

Bob, can you elaborate on the 2020s? What all can be done when it comes to modifying the controller? How fast are you able to program them? Thank you sir!
MACamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACamp View Post
Bob, can you elaborate on the 2020s? What all can be done when it comes to modifying the controller? How fast are you able to program them? Thank you sir!
They did a number of things to limit performance in the late 2019 and all 2020 models. I have had more success with some of them than others, depending upon the model of controller that they used in any particular cart. Typically 29 to 32 MPH, improved performance, and improved regenerative braking - which reduces wear on the mechanical brakes.

I cannot go into detail about how I am able to still do what I do without tipping off Curtis and E-Z-GO about how I am able to bypass the electronic countermeasures that they have incorporated in attempts to stop me. With the new RXVs for example, I recommend replacing the new controller with a reprogrammed older controller, in order to avoid me needing to void the warranty on the new controller. So far, that has not been required for the other model carts.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #6
MACamp
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
They did a number of things to limit performance in the late 2019 and all 2020 models. I have had more success with some of them than others, depending upon the model of controller that they used in any particular cart. Typically 29 to 32 MPH, improved performance, and improved regenerative braking - which reduces wear on the mechanical brakes.

I cannot go into detail about how I am able to still do what I do without tipping off Curtis and E-Z-GO about how I am able to bypass the electronic countermeasures that they have incorporated in attempts to stop me. With the new RXVs for example, I recommend replacing the new controller with a reprogrammed older controller, in order to avoid me needing to void the warranty on the new controller. So far, that has not been required for the other model carts.
Thanks! That’s not terrible news. Definitely don’t give Curtis any ideas! You could try and explain it to me and there is a good chance I wouldn’t understand much of it. Anyway, hope to see you soon. I pm’d usgi for a meeting next time you’re coming through Little Rock, AR. Also trying to get you some other business near me. Have a great day and I appreciate the reply!
MACamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:41 PM   #7
travmass1121
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

2021 L6 Elite 3.0 in Northeast GA. Any hope for speed increase?
travmass1121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2020 ezgo l6 elite
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO