lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
DiscoThug
Not Yet Wild

Default 2020 L6 Lithium Elite tuning.

First time posting. So I have a 2020 Lithium Elite 6 passenger and I'm looking to have it tuned. A good friend of mine has an unlocked Curtis hand held and we have made some adjustments. With that being said he has no real experience with the new Curtis controllers. From what he saays the menu is far more vast than previous models. After much research I've come to the realization that I need someone experienced in these new controllers to tune it. That take me to the point of my post. I've heard that the Curtis controller guru frequents his time here. I'd appreciate any help in reaching Bob Boyce. Hopefully he sees this post. Thanks in advance.
DiscoThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2020 L6 Lithium Elite tuning.

Where do you live?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:18 PM   #3
DiscoThug
Not Yet Wild

I'm in Cottleville Mo. Its about 25 mins outside St Louis.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:31 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob has to be at the cart to program a L6 Elite. If you would like you can pm me all your information and if Bob ever get close to you on a programming trip he can stop by.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:49 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I hope I have the correct file to reflash his controller back to factory, or I will not be able to unlock it for him. Changing even 1 parameter away from the stock value changes the controllers checksum, which locks out the ability to unlock the controller and trips a warranty violation trap. I guess he didn't read my warnings on the forum about this prior to letting his friend connect a handset to it and change things. There is nothing a handset can do to bypass the security in that controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
DiscoThug
Not Yet Wild

So the dealer unlocked the controller. Or at least said he did. I'm assuming he was truthful be cause with the handheld we were able to see everything. Days worth of info. We didn't change much. Everything that we changed we took notes of original parameters so we could change them back if necessary. The cart now does about 20 in turtle and about 26 in rabbit. I had never seen any of your post prior to the last 48 hours.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoThug View Post
So the dealer unlocked the controller. Or at least said he did. I'm assuming he was truthful be cause with the handheld we were able to see everything. Days worth of info. We didn't change much. Everything that we changed we took notes of original parameters so we could change them back if necessary. The cart now does about 20 in turtle and about 26 in rabbit. I had never seen any of your post prior to the last 48 hours.
An OEM handset can see a whole lot of parameters in those controllers, no unlocking required. Even though a lot is visible, the critical information is still hidden. Unlocking requires a computer to be connected, and a password sequence entered that is not available to a dealer. There is no passkey available for those controllers. If it were really unlocked, you would be at 32+ MPH in Rabbit.

Dealers have shared a technique with one another to corrupt those controllers. It typically ends with part of the controller burning out. I have uncorrupted a few of them in the last few months. One was damaged and could not be fixed. Once damaged, nothing short of replacing the controller will fix it. I will not even try to uncorrupt a dealer corrupted controller anymore. Dealers will have to fix their mistake themselves. I will not accept blame for damage caused by dealers,
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #8
DiscoThug
Not Yet Wild

Bob would it be acceptable for me to PM you?
Old 07-18-2020, 01:48 PM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoThug View Post
Bob would it be acceptable for me to PM you?
Bob doesn't pm. If you want to send it to me I will see that Bob receives it. I can't promise when he will get back with a response.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:29 PM   #10
DiscoThug
Not Yet Wild

I guess I dont have enough post to private message. Does Bob make it to Missouri very often? If not can I bring the cart to him?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO