lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #11
atcrick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 ezgo rxv high speed lockup problem

so just sitting its all locked up,
the only way to get the brake to release is to shut off battery, turn back on, cart operates normally for 30 sec.
same for charging, turn off battery, plug in charger, turn on battery cart internal charger, runs for 10 sec then shuts off
atcrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
So, how does it sit still, the motor brake's only normal job is holding a parked car still. Rxv has no traditional brakes, and no locking brake pedal. I've never seen/heard of any upgrade motors for rxv whatsoever.
That was my point. I didn't want him to order a $1700+ package from PlumQuick only to discover it won't work on his cart. I heard that HPEVS was working on an upgraded motor for the RXV but when I talked to the owner he said you would have to install brakes from a gas cart to use his motor because he couldn't do the braking on it.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, I bet elite will be open tomorrow, theres nothing we can do about the mysteries in the black box.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #14
atcrick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so sounds like a new... maybe a roypow system is in my future as well.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcrick View Post
so just sitting its all locked up,
the only way to get the brake to release is to shut off battery, turn back on, cart operates normally for 30 sec.
same for charging, turn off battery, plug in charger, turn on battery cart internal charger, runs for 10 sec then shuts off
If I had to guess I would say the BMS or something internal failed on your battery. What is their warranty policy? Have you contacted them at all?
Old 11-29-2020, 04:50 PM   #16
atcrick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

they open tomorrow, so at least you guys help me sound like I know a little more about it..Thank you both.
I just bought the cart 2 months ago, so im thinking im out of luck with a warranty
Old 11-29-2020, 04:51 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
That was my point. I didn't want him to order a $1700+ package from PlumQuick only to discover it won't work on his cart. I heard that HPEVS was working on an upgraded motor for the RXV but when I talked to the owner he said you would have to install brakes from a gas cart to use his motor because he couldn't do the braking on it.
That's funny, that's what I did several years ago. HPEVS setup, "rxv gas" brake pedal, "rxv electric" gas pedal, and welded on brake mounting plates for ausco disc brakes (no mounting brackets are present to just "bolt your brakes to"). It was quite a bit of work, and the motor/controller setup was definitely not designed to go on a rxv.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #18
atcrick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

when i was a kid i welded a 350 in my 48 ford pickup, it really torqued the body when you revved her up
Old 11-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That's funny, that's what I did several years ago. HPEVS setup, "rxv gas" brake pedal, "rxv electric" gas pedal, and welded on brake mounting plates for ausco disc brakes (no mounting brackets are present to just "bolt your brakes to"). It was quite a bit of work, and the motor/controller setup was definitely not designed to go on a rxv.
I heard you could use the rear end from a two-five but I haven't confirmed that. Luckily I have no customers that own one so I don't know what the brake situation is on them.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I heard you could use the rear end from a two-five but I haven't confirmed that. Luckily I have no customers that own one so I don't know what the brake situation is on them.
That would work, but it has "juice brakes", so you just added significantly to the parts list.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO