lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
dan161
Getting Wild

Default 28 degree clutch

I have a 90 marathon and just want to get a little clarification here before I do this. I order to make my driven clutch a 28 degree clutch all I have to do is get a new helix and the ramp buttons replaced......if I understand correctly. I think the sheaves on my clutch are ok for now but the helix and buttons are getting pretty worn. If so are there any reccomendations on where to get the parts at? I have already talked to one parts dealer and they told me I couldn't do this so thats why I am needing some clarification.

Yes I know a shorter belt helps also, but I already have the high torque spring and my belt is brand new nearly so I am looking at the 28 degree clutch option. Thanks everybody!
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
dan161
Getting Wild

Default Re: 28 degree clutch

Any ideas? I've read several of these post concerning this and I just wanted to make sure that I'm understanding things correctly. Thanks
Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 28 Deg. clutch is designed for the 4 stroke cars that run counter clockwise forward and reverse. Your 3pg runs backward for reverse. The 28 Deg. clutch has a staked spring that is wound to preload at assembly, it will only operate correctly in one direction. Your clutch will need the stock 36 Deg. cam and buttons with the non staked spring to work in both directions. If you still have the stock drive clutch, install a comet pink spring, this will raise the engagement rpm's, and give you more power at take off.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
dan161
Getting Wild

Rvkersh...good information to know. So its a negative for the 28 degree clutch. If I put the pink comet spring in the drive clutch, will it take off smoothly or be more apt to launch so to speak. I have the high torque spring in the driven clutch already so I don't want it 3/4 to full rev before it even takes off.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It will take off as smoothly as it does now, it's only raising engagement 700 to 800 rpm's. The increase in rpm's gets you a little more take off power.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO