lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default 1989 Gas EZGO Throttle Question

I am currently working on a 1989 EZGO Marathon Gas golf cart. Every now and then when I push down on the gas it doesn't do anything. Once I let up and push back down it takes off. Now it doesn't do it all the time, but does it every now and again. Any thoughts on what it might be? The golf cart runs fine, but thought I would ask.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
natew121
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1989 Gas EZGO Throttle Question

mm mine started doing somthing similar when the throttle cable started messing up and wouldnt open the throttle up all the way because the cable had like bent and then the cable wouldnt push out all the way
natew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Natew - Did you just get a new throttle cable for it?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
redcloud
Gone Wild

By doing nothing I take it you do not hear a click? May be the wiring from the limit switch or the switch its self. Also may be bad ground from battery to engine/frame. Do a voltage check on battery post and wire connection from the battery ground to see if you get voltage at post but not at connection or past. Just had that on my 91 and found that my ground, though looking perfectly good ,was not making solid connection.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
ttcfan4476
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My 93 had that problem it turned out to be the fuse link. I replaced it and hasn't done it to me again.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via tapatalk 2
ttcfan4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Mine is doing the same thing. When I step on the pedal I do hear the click, but the starter doesn't start spinning until a few seconds later. Probably 2 seconds later but sometimes I do let off and then step on it again. I am interested in why this could be. My battery is at full charge but I have not done a voltage test as stated by redcloud.
branman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
yler4cy
Gone Wild

I stopped by the EZGO dealer to grab a tire for this cart, and the guy there said that the generator/starter might have a dead/flat spot in it. If it stops on that spot the next time you step on the gas it might try and turn it over, but can't and by lifting off the gas and pushing on it again it allows the generator/starter to turn back a little bit which will cause it to move out of the dead/flat spot. I guess this makes sense, because I have had an issue like this on an older car before.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

That sounds exactly like mine. When I step on the pedal, the crank turns just a little bit, then relaxes when I take my foot off.
branman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO