lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2021, 09:55 PM   #1
steveog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo Shuttle - Brake Fittings

Good Morning, I have an Ezgo Shuttle 4 Seater, 1998, gas cart. I have a leaking hydraulic fitting in the brake line coming out of the master cylinder. Can anyone tell me the size of the copper pipe (it looks to be about 1/4" O/D). Also will the pipe be flared or with an olive. I want to try and buy the parts in advance as the hydraulic nut looks well used. Thanks20210205_083318.jpg
steveog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Shuttle - Brake Fittings

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveog View Post
Good Morning, I have an Ezgo Shuttle 4 Seater, 1998, gas cart. I have a leaking hydraulic fitting in the brake line coming out of the master cylinder. Can anyone tell me the size of the copper pipe (it looks to be about 1/4" O/D). Also will the pipe be flared or with an olive. I want to try and buy the parts in advance as the hydraulic nut looks well used. ThanksAttachment 216309
You could get a 1/4 inch flared steel brake line at a local parts store. Someone used copper because they probably didn't know how to flare a steel line or didn't have the tool.

You got to double flare them and have the tool to do it. Not sure how long it is but it can be fixed.

What is it connected to on the other end and how long is it ?

The make compression unions that can be used on brakes to connect the other end but it has to be cut and flared with new 1/4 nut. . Copper should never be used on brake lines . At least since I have been turning wrenches.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:44 AM   #3
steveog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your reply. The brake lines are a mixture of steel and copper. The previous owner must have added the copper lines. I am going to try and put the steel lines back. There are three lines, one from master cylinder to a tee near the back axle, and one from that tee to each of the brake cylinders. One last yhing, could you tell me what thread the brake pipe nuts will be. I think here in the Philippines the nuts are mrtric but i fear that the original nuts would be imperial.
steveog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveog View Post
Thanks for your reply. The brake lines are a mixture of steel and copper. The previous owner must have added the copper lines. I am going to try and put the steel lines back. There are three lines, one from master cylinder to a tee near the back axle, and one from that tee to each of the brake cylinders. One last yhing, could you tell me what thread the brake pipe nuts will be. I think here in the Philippines the nuts are mrtric but i fear that the original nuts would be imperial.
I would think the threads would be imperial . I have worked on a few ezgo carts with the hydraulic brake system and they were all 1/4 inch imperial.
Inverted Flare Thread Nuts for 1/4 Inch Tubing, 7/16-24 . If you have access to a thread gauge you could tell for sure.
I am betting someone there used a metric flare nut and thats why its leaking.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, ezgo, hydraulic, shuttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO