lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #31
redpappas1948
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel Pump

This is MASSIVE HELP!! So uch gratitude!!
redpappas1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #32
redpappas1948
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

DOOM!! You are a treasure trove of knowledge-----you totally rock!!!
redpappas1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I am having fits with my pump. After motor rebuild I removed the temp pump I knew was working and put in the new stock pump. Neither is working. I can run if I blow fuel from the tank but it will eventually quit. I can see the fuel in the clear line drain back down thru the pump till it's dry. Is this a leak in the lines? I checked the hard tube that drops into the tank and it looks good, is there supposed to be a check valve on the bottom of the tube? Do I need better clamps on the vacuum pulse hose? Getting pretty pissed, I want to test my new motor and clutch upgrades
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #34
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Today I unhooked the fuel line from the pump and extended it to a jug on the floor and blew a lot of air into the fuel tank with it basically syphoning down to the floor on the other end. After about a pint went thru I got a big surge of air and some dirt then the fuel stopped back flowing to the tank. Runs great now.
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #35
Seans68
Not Yet Wild

I have seen those type of clamps at McMaster-Carr? Used on a lot of high PSI applications and wont fall off or strip out like the worm geared ones
Seans68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #36
jcesp
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85.G3 View Post
Today I unhooked the fuel line from the pump and extended it to a jug on the floor and blew a lot of air into the fuel tank with it basically syphoning down to the floor on the other end. After about a pint went thru I got a big surge of air and some dirt then the fuel stopped back flowing to the tank. Runs great now.
It Sounds like your Gas Filter Wasn't doing its Job... and your gas LInes Got very Clogged from the Gas tank to the Gas Pump
jcesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #37
butterball
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think that those clamps are commonly referred to as "fuel injection hose clamps". Yes, you can get them from McMaster-Carr. But you can also get them at most auto parts store if you ask for fuel injector clamps. They work very well.
butterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #38
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

if I blow in the inlet side on one pump from a g-1 it goes strait threw
and same if I blow in the outlet

on the other pump in is blocked but blowing into the out goes threw to the inlet side

both are clean inside but I didnot pull out the disk/valves

which pump is working correctly?
or should I just get a new plastic lawnmower pump

btw how many GPH are these pumps g-1 or the later 4 stroke pumps ?

and how much does a 250 snowmoble barrel piston head ect and carb on a g-1 bottom
need in GPH like a 15-20hp B&S ?
some site say a g-2 pump will work on a g-1
but don't 2 strokes use a lot more fuel the a g-2 4 stroke would ?
esp my bigger 250cc barrel swap motor ?
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:55 PM   #39
Marty Mechanic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Dooms, can you explain the check valve in the pulse line to the valve cover...and can I get this same sort of pulse off the valve cover breather hose on my 420cc predator motor?
I tapped the carb isolator on my predator and it sucks only, pulling raw gas up into the carb at the isolator tit.?
Marty Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:28 AM   #40
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yesterday, I pulled the fuel pump off my 1989 G1 to give it a cleaning. Wasn't so easy getting the 6mm phillips head screws out that held it to the motor, especially the bottom screw. The edge of the motor flange prevents you from coming straight at it with a screwdriver.

What I did when it came time to reinstall it, was use allen head 6mm bolts. That allowed me to use an allen wrench with the ball end design. I'll try attaching a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 fuel pump.jpg (125.9 KB, 0 views)
fredstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha