lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #31
Prowlerguy1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha wiring diagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
The G9a diagram might not be right, according to my manual the R/W should also power up the starter solenoid and VR....the R/W in the top half should be connected to the R/W in the bottom half of the diagram.
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2tires View Post
Wish I would have read this comment before two nights of beating my head against a wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Sorry The red/white on a G9 powers up about everything. It goes through key and pedal switch then coil/ignitor/solenoid the whole thing is powered up off that wire.

I have been working on it because it flickers the lights now and never did with the stock engine. The only difference with the clone is the ignition is powered by itself not the cart, all wiring is there just the ignition parts are unplugged and removed. The VR is acting differently, and using 55w driving lights same as before.
I found that the same is true for my G8 cart.

On the wiring diagram there is a missing wire connection between the "output" side of the pedal switch and the Red/White wire on the bottom of the diagram.

When the pedal is depressed, B+ (12Vdc) is sent to 5 places:
1. the V/R (red/white wire);
2. the Ignitor (red/white wire);
3. the solenoid of the main starter relay [if you hear the click, then it is!](red/white wire);
4. on the coil (red/white wire);
5. and, on S/G field excitation input (red/white wire becomes little red wire....which is paired with the little green wire coming out of the S/G).

Attached is a copy of the G8-A and G9-A diagrams that I have updated/corrected.
The G2-A diagram that is posted on the Cunningham Site http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf appears to not have this discrepancy and is correct.

Hope this helps others that are tracing wires on their carts, at 1030pm, in the dark, in the driveway, when you have to get to bed because you have to be at work at 5am.

Me, no, that NEVER happens to me!

Regards,
Todd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha G8-A Wiring Diagram_Corrected.jpg (219.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg G9-A Wiring Diagram - Corrected.jpg (214.7 KB, 0 views)
Prowlerguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #32
Prowlerguy1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRand View Post
Here's a G2A Gas schematic, since there isn't one at the linked site.

Steve,

This is an awesome color wiring diagram!

However, I think I might have found one teeny, small discrepancy on the diagram.

The fuse link tap is taken off of the wrong side of the main relay. I think the fuse link tap needs to come off of the battery side of the main relay. Otherwise, you'll never have power (initially) to power up the solenoid to close the relay.

If it's OK with you, I am going to edit your color diagram to make the same diagram for a G8 cart.

I've attached a copy of your diagram that I've corrected.

Nice work!

Regards,
Todd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G8_G9 Schematic Color-Corrected.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #33
Prowlerguy1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

While helping a member troubleshoot a problem recently, I think I found a few errors in the G1A wiring diagram on the Cunningham website, here:
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/ima...maha%20G1A.pdf

The errors are in the Key Switch logic diagram (see attached drawings). If you look at the original diagram, you will first notice that there are two columns labeled W/G. In reality, the left W/G column should really be labeled W/R.

Beyond that, it says that:

1. SWITCH OFF
When the switch is in the OFF position, the Black wire and the Black/White wire are tied together (connected). Ok, this makes sense, this grounds the CDI unit and magneto and prevents the ignition from firing the cylinder.

2. KEY SWITCH IN FWD
In the FWD position, there are two groups of wires that are tied together. On the left, the White, Red/White and the Yellow wires are tied together. And, on the right, the W/R wire is tied to the Black wire.

Tracing the wires here, you can see that on the left group, the 12V power here is coming in on the White wire (from pedal switch relay) and is being sent to the FWD starter relay solenoid on the Yellow wire. It is also being sent down the Red/White wire to the power S/G field excitation and the V/R. This all makes sense.

However, on the right side, to tie the White/Red wire to the Black wire is suspect. Since the W/R wire goes to the CDI magneto and the CDI unit let's look at what other wires go to these units. Each of these components ALSO have dedicated grounds already on them. This doesn't make sense. It would make more sense if the W/R wire is supplying power to the CDI components when the key is turned to the FWD position. In helping a member fix a problem that he was having, I found out that this is exactly what is happening. So, the diagram is wrong. What is really happening here is that the W/R wire is being tied to the Red wire (which brings power directly from the fuse block).

Finally;

3. KEY SWITCH IN REV
With the key in the REV position, there are also 2 groups of wires that are being tied together. On the left hand side, the White, Red/White and Light Blue (L) wires are being connected. On the right hand side, the White/Green, Black, Red, and Purple wires are tied together.

The wires on the left side work similarly to those that I described above for the wires on the left hand side with the switch in the FWD position. The only difference is that now the L wire gets powered which powers the REV relay solenoid to start the engine in reverse.

Now, for the wires on the Right. By quickly tracing the Red wire, you find that it is bringing 12V directly from the battery through the fuse - it makes no sense to tie that directly to ground (Black wire). This would just short the Red wire and blow the fuse. Also, as discussed above, the W/G wire should not be grounded. It should, though, be tied to the Red wire. It's also a no-brainer that this also ties the Purple wire to the Red wire....and this powers the backup buzzer.

Summary
The first column labeled W/G (on the left) should be labeled W/R.

In both the FWD and REV positions, the key switch wires on the right hand side SHOULD NOT tie to the Black wire, but, they SHOULD tie to the RED wire. This puts 12V onto the W/R wire with the key in the FWD position and powers the ignition system appropriately. Conversely, it puts 12V on the W/G wire with the key in the REV position and that powers the correct portion of the ignition system for reverse mode.

I have made these changes to the logic diagram and attached a corrected version of the G1 wiring diagram.

Looking at the other G1 diagrams on the Cunningham website (G1A2, G1A3) - these drawings have similar inconsistencies in their logic diagrams. I have only corrected the G1A drawing.

I hope this helps anyone trying to use these drawings to troubleshoot any electrical problems.
Attached Images
File Type: png G1 Switch Logic Diagram.png (83.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Yamaha G1-A Wiring Diagram_Corrected.jpg (142.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #34
Prowlerguy1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G8 Color Schematic

I was messing around with MS Paint this morning and I modified the G2A color schematic from post #5 to (more) accurately reflect the Yamaha G8 wiring diagram.

Hope this is helpful to someone, someday.

Regards,
Todd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G8 Schematic Color.jpg (129.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #35
neonacr24l
Gone Wild

Yamaha

great sticky....if your wondering about why there isn't a diagragm for the 1983 g1 use the 82, there the same
neonacr24l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:31 PM   #36
joe_gi
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I needed this, thanks!!!
joe_gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #37
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

looking for wire diagram for a Yamaha 2012 model YDREX2
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #38
rlawrence2
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm new to this forum and new to carts....so.. be gentle please... :) I bought this cart very used from a "fix it guy", so working on getting it running properly again.

I have a G11AT...I think... (JR3 on sn ,but JR6 on engine..) I cannot find a specific wiring diagram as discussed in these threads, but assume it is similar to what I've found on a G21 (JR6). Any thoughts?

My cart does not stop engine with gas peddle deactivated, so trying to determine if it is the 10895 relay or the switch from the peddle (which I cannot even find yet physically or online). ...or could even be bad wiring... any troubleshooting procedure? I cannot even find the pedal switch, but of course the relay #10895 is visible next to voltage regulator. Diagrams show both the "Accelerator Stop Switch" and the "Engine Stop Relay".
rlawrence2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #39
LuisB
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I looked at the website of diagrams 1st posted on this thread, on the internet, and also did on this thread for the G23A and unable to find any diagrams. Desperately needing the diagram. (My G23A is a 2005 JU5 Medium Utility Gas).
LuisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:07 AM   #40
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Try the G22a diagram, it should be the same, except without the lights included.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha