lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #31
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Thread: Everything About G1's for Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by melito2288 View Post
So does anyone on here know where i can buy a Jet Sensor for an 83 G1
Try starting your own thread, someone will see it an chime in. This thread is for G1 helpful info, trying to keep it clean.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2015, 10:19 PM   #32
Webers90
Not Yet Wild

G1 negative fuse blowing why
Webers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #33
Frankiep5150
Not Yet Wild

A total newbie myself n am goin bald trying to figure out why my '89 G1 got no spark!!! Upon purchase r/r batt & starter/generator....that got the bad boy started but sputtered n didn't move much...r/r the cdi & coil/plug...still nada, but did read abt the muffler being clogged so am tryin that today...just wanted to say great thread tho...ok took off muffler and still no friggin spark. Think my cdi is screwed tho bc I am reading millions on the orange. That or my magneto...any takers here????
Frankiep5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #34
Bartis89
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the thread. I just purchased a 1982 G1. The serial number post helped me to date it. Unfortunately another post informed me that it was the low compression year. (Of course)
Bartis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:55 AM   #35
K8Choate
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for starting this, I just bought an '83 G1. Looking forward to doing to upgrades and making it look sharp.
K8Choate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #36
Prof100
Not Yet Wild

Fresh gas without ethanol really is a must.

This is a great thread on the never say die G1. Beyond normal maintenance I have only had to replace the crank seals in the 22 years of ownership. I use it service my three acre yard. I added a steel box and a custom roll cage and recently repainted the maize and blue paint scheme. Over the last 7 years the cart developed the need to choke the carb every time I started it whether cold or hot. I am a bit slow on recognizing and taking action to prevent leaving stale fuel in the 6.5 gallon tank. I stabilize my fuel but since 2000 all local gas is 10% ethanol. My tank was getting low so I connected my electric fuel pump and drained out the last gallon and poured in 2.5 gallons of fresh Recreational stabilized 91 octane Rec fuel is 100% gasoline. No ethanol.

It immediately started to get better. That is, simply depress the gas pedal and it starts right up like it should. Lesson learned. The gallon of stale fuel with go into my lease car.:

This winter I will drain the fuel for winter storage.

I found the Rec fuel by searching the Puregas website. The nearest station is 30 minute drive. Non ethanol Rec fuel costs $.70 a gallon more.

Bill
Prof100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #37
jonkidd
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Any one have any info on a G1 enclosure? I have the original top and some of the encloses are not wide enough Looking for something that will keep me dry and keep the wind out on chilly nights while I drive . Thank you
jonkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #38
ljtsirk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Anyone know the thread specifications for the primary fixed sheave on a 1980 G1. When I pulled mine off with a brand new puller I had a problem when I went to back the puller out of the sheave. This was all done by hand, no power tools involved until I had to take it out of the sheave. I want to see if the sheave was damaged or if it was just the puller. Looking into the threads on the sheave it, they look to be OK. See picture of puller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8040342.jpg (132.2 KB, 0 views)
ljtsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:19 PM   #39
Rezcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Exclamation Re: G1 Thread: Everything About G1's for Newbies

Anyone have a good wire diagram for the 1980 G1? Can’t find one that uses the older style solenoids
Rezcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:02 PM   #40
mfunk83
Not Yet Wild

Newbie also have a G1 was running fine then no cranking at all. If she sits a while can turn key to reverse, get the tone, but when hit the pedal tone goes off, there is a click from the solenoids but no crank and no more tone. If I leave it a couple days and try again, I get the reverse tone, but same results if I hit the pedal no crank and no more reverse tone. Tonight turned to reverse, get tone, hit pedal and still click from solenoid, tone goes off but no crank, checked solenoids when I hit pedal and have the key for either forward or reverse and hit the pedal I'm getting contact thru both solenoids, but shouldn't only one solenoid show voltage for forward and other for reverse? When key is off no voltage on closed side. So question is would this be a switch problem somehow causing both forward and reverse solenoid to kick in or is it CDI, or is it the starter/gen? Appreciate any help.
mfunk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha