lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
rnoble
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Engine upgrade/swap suggestions

Hey all,

So I found out I have the old Kawai flathead KF86 or 82 engine whichever it is. I have tightened the governor and can still only max her out at 20mph. I'm looking to make it a little faster without spending too much.
Could I get a horizontal shaft B&S or Honda in a higher cc and hook a pedal start kit up to it?
Or what do y'all suggest for a cheap option to get the cart to get scooting around 35mph?
rnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Engine upgrade/swap suggestions

Your problem is gearing, either you lift it and put larger tires on or you buy high speed gears. Gears are cheaper than lift and tires last I knew. Still that will not get you that much, I did a old CC and got 28mph hitting the rev limit with gps. You would get about the same with a lift and 22" tires. Some carts you can get even higher gears, ezgo I think, not sure on CC. It will not climb hills as well with more gearing. Some people lift them and put gears in, so they can run roads at lower rpm not really just to go faster. 30mph is pretty fast on a cart. You can take the ground off the rev limit box to get rid of it, but not sure how well that engine will tolerate over-rev. Most any lawn engine is not going to rev any more or only a little higher, unless you build it up with performance parts. A larger engine will pull more gearing better.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas 1988 clubcar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!