lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
pacovarela69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2006 electric EZGO runs only in reverse, help pls

I have a 2006 electric EZGO PDS, It was running fine with no problems but one day I was taking off and it only ran about 3 ft and it stopped, it runs in reverse but not forward, I hear the solenoid clicking both in reverse and forward, the controller it's a alltrax dcx400, in reverse the led flashes green and stays green, on forward once I press the pedal from green it flashes 5 times red, and it won't go, the online manual says that the code for the led blinking light it's for field open but I don't known what it means by that, I checked the connections and cleaned connections on batteries, motor, controller, all looks good and clean, can someone help me troubleshoot it please, thank you in advance
pacovarela69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 electric EZGO runs only in reverse, help pls

That sounds like a controller failure to me.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, typical for these controls to fail in forward direction first. Good news you can swap F1 and F2 at the control and run in Forward only until the new unit arrives. My neighbor did this for 6 months. LOL
Also note 2 things...
The DCX control has been superseded by the XCT control. You should check out what people are saying about the new XCT control before ordering.
Second, the 5 red flash error on the DCX can be caused by a short in the motor or the motor wires. The TXT was known for doing this by rubbing the wires bare at the corner of the battery box, see attached. If this situation occurs it will short out the DCX control. This needs to be checked and repaired if needed, see pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4938web.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I concur.

The symptoms you describe indicate the MOSFETs in the controller that feed the motor's field windings in forward are blown.

You might want to contact Alltrax. They may have some test you can do to be 100% sure, but I believe it is time to upgrade to a XCT controller.

In the interim, you can swap the F1 & F2 cables at the controller (Push on connectors) and have a cart that goes forward only.

----------
I see that Scotty beat me with the XCT suggestion.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I concur.

The symptoms you describe indicate the MOSFETs in the controller that feed the motor's field windings in forward are blown.

You might want to contact Alltrax. They may have some test you can do to be 100% sure, but I believe it is time to upgrade to a XCT controller.

In the interim, you can swap the F1 & F2 cables at the controller (Push on connectors) and have a cart that goes forward only.

----------
I see that Scotty beat me with the XCT suggestion.
AND the swap direction suggestion
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wire up a series style switch on the f1&f2 cables and good as new! Lol, just kidding!
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #7
pacovarela69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thx a lot for the help, am going to check for the cables rubbing and i will contact alltrax but if its time form a new controller then I will do my research on those xct controller, I really appreciate everyone's help, and any suggestion on what model of controller to get? Right now I have the alltrax dcx400,
pacovarela69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It depends on how tall your tires are, if you have a back seat or not and what kind of terrain, and some other factors, but if you were happy with the performance you got from a DCX400, you'll be more than happy with a XCT48400PDS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax 400, controller, ezgo, motor, reverse only
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO