lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
Tjstoute
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 EZGO PDS slow forward full speed reverse

New here. I've been troubleshooting my 2006 ezgo PDS txt 36V with no success. First off I just checked all the batteries (filled with distilled H2O and cleaned terminals) and cables (cleaned) they all appear to be good (battery pack is 38V after a full charge) . Here's the issue. My cart is sluggish and slow while driving forward but drives normally in reverse. Depending on terrain my cart will stall completely moving forward in grass. Any help or advise will be much appreciated.
-TJ in LA
Tjstoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZGO PDS slow forward full speed reverse

Just out of curiosity can you swap the small (10g) black and white wires on the top of the speed control (F1 and F2) and tell me if the problem reverses direction
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
Tjstoute
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick response. I just tried switching the F1 & F2 wires around. All that did was reverse the function of the F/R switch. I could drive forward sluggishly with the reverse buzzer beeping and go in reverse when the F/R switch was in the forward position.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's not what it should have done. I think you have a controller failure.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
Tjstoute
Not Yet Wild

I have also run a diagnostic test on the cart and after I manipulate the F/R switch from neutral to reverse 5 times I only get three audible beeps. I have looked at the beep chart but I do not understand the chart since all the numbers have hyphens (-) i.e. 2-3
Old 08-31-2016, 07:03 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjstoute View Post
I have also run a diagnostic test on the cart and after I manipulate the F/R switch from neutral to reverse 5 times I only get three audible beeps. I have looked at the beep chart but I do not understand the chart since all the numbers have hyphens (-) i.e. 2-3
2-3 is "2 beeps short pause 3 beeps long pause" repeat

The simple 3 beeps indicates the speed chip installed currently in the control. Nothing else means no errors to report but not no errors exist.

Maybe somebody else will have another idea on this ...
Old 09-01-2016, 07:32 AM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The PDS box that was in use from 2000 til the new 48v PDS controller hit the market was notorious for not accurately diagnosing it's own failure.

When doing the self diagnostic, after putting the cart in diagnostic mode, you are supposed to shift to Forward and try running the cart, then listen for the beep code. Did you do this step?

I agree with Scotty regarding the fact that it sounds like a bad speed controller.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #8
coosa
Gone Wild

My experience is very limited, but my 2008 PDS behaved the same way and it turned out to be a bad controller.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A sepex controller is effectively three controllers (One big on and two small ones) in one box and a PDS controller is a sepex system.

With a stock PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX) the Armature is fed by a 300A controller and the Filed is fed by one of two 30A controllers depending on the direction selected by the F/R switch.

Sounds like the Field's forward controller has gone belly up.

Measure the voltage between the F1 and F2 cables when taking off from a standstill in reverse and then measure it while taking off in forward. You should get the same or greater voltage in F, but the opposite polarity.

If it is less in F, your controller is bad.

If your controller is bad, it would be a good time to upgrade to an Alltrax XCT48400PDS (or larger) controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slow, speed acceleration
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO