lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
DCrevenge
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 500 amp upgrade with Mot B2 or speed

Anyone use this set up seem pretty popular. I was just wondering if this is a TQ motor or a speed motor? Is a TQ motor necessary when increasing the controller over stock to a 500 amp
I have a 48v TXT set to freedom with rear seat, hills on the street. I am looking to increase the speed and want more TQ. So should I get a speed motor if so which or the Mot B2? Will the increased amps drive the speed motor to provided enough TQ? Its an on road cart non lifted cart with street tires.
DCrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 500 amp upgrade with Mot B2 or speed

I have this Cart with a FSIP speed motor in it on stock tires. It does real good off road. Motor does not get hot and it produce more power than stock. I think the smaller tires help, they eliminate torque loss from big tires
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
DCrevenge
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 500 amp upgrade with Mot B2 or speed

how much MPH did you get with the FSIP speed motor? The MOT B-2 seem to do about 21-23. My cart with freedom does around 19 but not much tq
DCrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO