lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
Frioman007
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV vibration at low speeds and when slowing down

I am looking for some advice on a 2013 EZGO RXV 48V electric golf cart with AC motor and electronic braking I just picked up. It has new batteries, a 3" spindle lift kit, Heavy duty rear leaf springs, and 14" factory EZGO wheels with 23" all terrain lifted tires. I am seeing what can only be described as heavy vibration & noise resonationg from the dash and windshield, and floor when cruising at low speeds and when slowing down from higher speeds. Once the cart gets up to speed it all goes away and is smooth. I also only notice this on the street and driving on the grass is fine. I have aligned the tires, and lowered the pressure in the tires but the issue remains. I am not sure if this is normal on lifted carts with off-road tires or should it be nice and smooth at all speeds? I would appreciate and advice.
Frioman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV vibration at low speeds and when slowing down

Try jacking up one end at a time just enough to clear the floor and set a spray can next to tire, spin by hand and look for wobble in tires. Also grab tires at 12 & 6 and 3 & 9 o'clock positions to check for play while it's up.
Might narrow it down to bad tire, bearing, ect. Flip it to tow mode(switch under the seat) and put key neutral to do the rear.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
Frioman007
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, SBIRD I may try that. May I ask what the spray can would be for?

Its been frustrating to figure why it vibrates so bad at low speeds then disappears when it gets up to speed.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #4
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That sounds normal with those tires. Those big knobs are almost solid rubber, they are the only thing touching the ground. Deflating them more will increase the vibrations as you are allowing for more of the tire to be on the surface. The only way to fix the vibrations is to get regular tires after those wear out
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A spray can is what I use but anything with a strait edge will work. Just some thing to set next to the tire about 1/8'' away to see if tire is bulging on the side. Keeping it close to floor will show if it's not round. Trick I learned for mounting old time duals and mobile home type wheels that don't self center. Good luck!
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #6
Frioman007
Not Yet Wild

So I did have the PSI lowered per other advice for a softer ride, but after inflating them to slightly over 20 PSI The vibration is much better. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO