lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2017, 03:01 AM   #1
bjbbiker
Getting Wild

Default Whats the best way to wire multiple accessories?

How are guys wiring multiple items (light bar, underbelly lights, radio)? My old cart I just had a voltage reducer that ran the tecscan led light kit and it had one accessory output that I ran my led light strip from. Now I have a 2014 RXV and the lights are already wired. I have a 48-12v reducer but want to install multiple rocker switches for a front light bar, some whip lights, underbelly led light strip and perhaps a radio or roof/interior lighting all on separate switches. You wouldnt run that all through the same reducer would you? Would you put a fuse on it as well?
bjbbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #2
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: Whats the best way to wire multiple accessories?

Scottyb sells a 6 pole fuse block and bus bar that the voltage reducer feeds into allowing you to connect up to 6 separate accessories.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:10 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbbiker View Post
I have a 48-12v reducer but want to install multiple rocker switches for a front light bar, some whip lights, underbelly led light strip and perhaps a radio or roof/interior lighting all on separate switches. You wouldnt run that all through the same reducer would you? Would you put a fuse on it as well?
that all depends on the size of the reducer. many of us have 30 amp reducers, feeding a 6 or 8 fuse block/buss bar.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbbiker View Post
Would you put a fuse on it as well?
Yes, always put a fuse on it. Easiest way to do that is with a fuse panel. I had a marine fuse panel lying around but most people don't have that so check out the Site Sponsors (Scotty B's Carts Unlimited is one) and get a fuse panel/fuse block.

If you cheap out and go with an automotive fuse panel you won't get the ground distribution as well as power distribution. Golf carts do not ground to the frame so don't try that method.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO