lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
dczrboy
Not Yet Wild

Default New 295 Rebuild wont run

Hello, I just completed a rebuild of a "new style" 295 Robin. Cylinders were bored, new pistons, valves seats ground with valves replaced. Each cylinder carries 165 psi compression. The motor runs perfect if i unhook the hose to the carb that comes from the PCV valve, the problem is the hose then blows oil everywhere. Motor will not run with it hooked up. What am I missing? any help would be appreciated!

Thank you
dczrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: New 295 Rebuild wont run

Do you have any pictures of what you’re referencing? Perhaps I’m having a brain fart but I don’t recall a PCV valve let alone one going to the carb... the carb should only hook up to the fuel line.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:07 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Do you have any pictures of what you’re referencing? Perhaps I’m having a brain fart but I don’t recall a PCV valve let alone one going to the carb... the carb should only hook up to the fuel line.
I'm guessing he is speaking of this. Doesn't connect to the carb, but the intake on the outside of the carb. Not sure why it would keep the motor from running though. I'm guessing that valve is not put together correctly if its allowing oil out when the hose is disconnected, but I haven't run one that way, so wouldn't know. Only reason I didn't respond on it, as I don't know what the problem is in this case.

PCV.jpg
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:40 PM   #4
dczrboy
Not Yet Wild

Yes that is the valve I am speaking of. The hose does go to the intake at the front of the carb. The cart won’t run with the hose hooked up but as soon as I unhook it, it runs perfect but oil blows all over out of the hose. I have taken the valve apart a couple time and cannot see anything wrong wit it. As far as I can see it only goes back together one way.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

How much oil did you put in the engine?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #6
dczrboy
Not Yet Wild

I put exactly 1.5 quarts of oil in. Valve lash is set at .004 and I checked the timing marks again.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:43 PM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I almost wonder if you have a head gasket issue leading to high crankcase pressure ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:45 PM   #8
dczrboy
Not Yet Wild

I took the valve cover off and rolled the engine over. It wasn’t shooting oil across the cam so I took the vacuum line off the block going to the fuel pump and blew air in that port. Oil started shooting across the cam so I put it together and it ran perfect for a few minutes then it quit again. So I took the valve cover off and it wasn’t shooting oil again so I repeated the steps and it ran great for a few minutes and now not shooting oil again. Now what?
Old 01-14-2021, 09:13 PM   #9
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Wow You have me stumped
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:20 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Did you put the o ring back in the engine side case near the upper right corner? What about the oil pump o ring did you use the original or aftermarket with the kit? Hold a straight edge to the oil pump cover plate and make sure it’s perfectly flat.

I love mci engines. Not.

I think you’ve found your problem. It’s shooting oil out the breather because it’s “overfilled”. And
By “overfilled” I mean it’s got too much oil in the bottom end because it’s not making it to the head.

Whatever you do, DONT run the engine like that or you’re going to weld the camshaft to the journal in the head, probably wreck the camshaft timing belt pulley and break the timing belt.

You need to get to the bottom of why oil isn’t making it to the head or it will wreck your rebuild.

Yeah these engines suck. Sorry but that’s just how I feel. I’ve seen more than one do this
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO