lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #521
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

They are available to the public, we have sold a couple, and we don't do fleet golf courses.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #522
cartboy
Gone Wild

I am starting my tenth season maintaining RXVs, starting with the first ones to come off the line in 2008. July will start the fourth year of our third fleet.

Where we're at is that we were unable to switch out to the new Elites with LIB battery packs, so there are some competitive options going on.

The report I am getting from those who take care of the carts during my Winter off is that they are dropping like flies on the course. I consider the source, and unless I am the one to assess that, check batteries, I don't consider it to be 100% valid.

For instance, I was told that 21 carts have had all the US Battery batteries replaced with Trojans, but when I checked, only 18 had.

It takes someone staying on top of it, and keeping records, for continuity.

It appears that we have lost our factory tech, who has been extremely helpful with our last two fleets, and he has been replaced by the younger guy, and someone who appears to be our new dealer. It appears both are going to be helping us.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:51 AM   #523
cartboy
Gone Wild

It's been 9 years since I first reported the auto-brake solenoid failure problem with out first-off-the-line 2008 RXVs. We are in our third fleet . . . 2008, 2012, & 2015.

They are still failing occasionally.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #524
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Yuppirs! Now we've got guys running around with 23" tires, speed gears, and hammering the brake pedal so the motor brake can slow then down because regen certainly can't. Then they wonder why the motor brake doesn't last. LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #525
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yuppirs! Now we've got guys running around with 23" tires, speed gears, and hammering the brake pedal so the motor brake can slow then down because regen certainly can't. Then they wonder why the motor brake doesn't last. LOL
I know, it's a long thread, nine years, so I understand not reading it, and not knowing what it's about.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #526
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Customer abuse is the #1 reason we get any in with bad motor brakes. For many folks here (we're talking dukes of hazard types) the way to drive a golf car is FLOOR IT to go and SLAM THE BRAKE to stop. If tires don't squeal when they slam the brake pedal, they complain about 'weak brakes'.

I'd give anything to work a golf course over redneck heck any day. Just so I don't have to touch some of the nasty stuff that rolls in (should be a courtesy to at least wash it if you want anyone to mess with it) and people literally drive these poor things into the ground. Rollovers, bad brake, burning out controllers, rigging extra batteries for accessories, rigging car batteries to work, and the infamous 'Create-A-Harness' hack. People just LOVE making their own wiring harness mods.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #527
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
People just LOVE making their own wiring harness mods.
The struggle is real.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #528
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

LOL we had someone bring in a dead Precedent that had the harness so modified for a radio, underbody light kit, custom horn (animal sounds yo!) and under dash lights as well, and zero voltage reducer for all of it, that i couldn't make head nor tails of what was left of the factory harness it was so messed up, with wire nuts all over (some missing, with melted wires where they shorted together)

Customer was angry at the suggestion of a replacement harness saying 'Well, it WORKED FOR TWO YEARS FINE!

I replied 'Well, it sure ain't working now!'

I thought it was a proper reaction, at least.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #529
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
It's been 9 years since I first reported the auto-brake solenoid failure problem with out first-off-the-line 2008 RXVs. We are in our third fleet . . . 2008, 2012, & 2015.

They are still failing occasionally.
I'm still around, but not as involved because of COVID.

In 2018, the GM got the owners to approve the extra money to change the fleet over to RXVs with Lion batteries. Because of the increased battery life and warranty, I believe EZGO amended the lease period so that it's the same money.

I have not heard of any problems whatsoever . . . zero maintenance, no battery failures, no dead carts on the course.

For an active fleet, I would never buy lead acid batteries again.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:00 PM   #530
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's good to hear and glad you are still contributing to the group!
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO