lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
dartscartsjacksontn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Removed & cleaned batteries, now won't go?

There should be a black cable coming from the charger receptacle connecting to your negative post on the #6 battery. The same post that your components negative side connects to. No charge reading will show if this is not connected here.
dartscartsjacksontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #12
royr
Not Yet Wild

Nope. There was no such cable. There is only one large black cable from the Neg post on battery #6 that goes back inside the compartment behind the batteries. The black cable from the charger receptacle goes back there too. Maybe you are thinking of another model. This is the one that GM owned several thousand of in California, and had them equipped with one piece windshield with wiper, seat belts, defroster, speedometer, rear side mirror, etc. It is described in the owners manual as a 2003 Club Car IR Industrial Vehicle, Model = Transport. They sold them all to wholesalers in about 2004/5.
royr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #13
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

i suspect a wet micro switch or wet/corroded F&R switch
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #14
royr
Not Yet Wild

I have found other descriptions of this model, i.e. "IQ, 2003 Villager 2+2".

This link mentions it:

http://www.clubcar.com/resources/new...erVehicle.aspx

"Club Car, which is the world's largest producer of four-wheel, small task-oriented electric vehicles, was one of the first manufacturers in the LSV market, partnering with General Motors in 2003 as part of a test program."

I will let it dry (I rinsed the inside off when I cleaned it today), leave the charger on all night, then test it in the morning. I will report the results then.

Thanks to all.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if the amp needle on your charger isn,t going up to say 10 or 15 amps if its not moving and just staying put when you plug it in than the charger isn,t working.......................look this is pretty simple if the cart was ok before the battery install then its something you did............don,t take offense none is meant and its very easy to not put things back togather right....................i have done it several times but think about it everything worked and then you took all the batteries out put them back in and wired them and now nothing works?????????? its something simple you did or didn,t do we just have to find it but from what you say its not doing and what the charger isn,t doing.......those are the 1st two things to get figgered out........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

I do not see the charger port's black (negative) cable connected to any battery . . . the positive cable is connected . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
royr
Not Yet Wild

I have nothing working on the cart this morning.
I took more pictures. I know that there was only one large Neg cable attached to battery #6 before I started. No other wires. Both the large Neg cable and the black charger wire go to the compartment behind the seat. The charger wire is inside a gray corrugated wire protector. I have attached photos where I trace the path of the cables for you. I cannot get to the components behind the seat easily, but I got my camera in there and it shows where the charger wire connects. It is on a junction post with about 4 other wires. It looks like the Neg cable from battery #6 goes into the dark gray box with the other big wires (white, green, yellow). Is that the computer compartment? I checked all the fuses, and found them all good. Maybe when I cleaned the aluminum frame with the spray corrosion detector/cleaner it cleaned away some connection that was barely being made? When I meter the conductivity between the charger wire and the #6 battery cable, there is resistance, but not an open.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Both cables go to back compartment.jpg (172.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Compartment behind seat.jpg (130.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Path of charger wire.jpg (186.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

There needs to be a 10ga black wire hooked up on neg on battery 6 for your charger to work. It goes from your charger port to the OBC. It goes from your OBC to - on battery 6. It has just got tucked away somewhere in the mix or maybe pinned under a battery. Find it from the OBC and trace it!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #19
royr
Not Yet Wild

Does OBC mean On Board Computer? So you are saying that there should be two wires attached to Neg #6?
Can anyone help me find a wiring diagram for my cart? 2003 IQ Transport or Villager 2+2 or Pathway
Old 12-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

roy your right you don,t need that 10 gage going to the battery......it goes to B- on controller and the 10 gage comes out of OBC and goes to charge receptical and it gets charged with the 6 gage that runs from #6 battery thur OBC up to controller B- so don,t worry about a missing wire there.....took me time to think it out when i saw there wasn,t one there thats what i thought its missing.............its just setup different.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car