lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
Whitey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum Awesome

It holds 34 easy. Regen off. I opened up the box under the mat. Robby(unless I misunderstood) said make sure the plunger was passing all the way through with about an 1/8th sticking out the back side. Sportscoupe programmed the Alltrax at 100 percent he said field map 4. Not sure if the adjustment did anything but it moves and gets there quick.
Whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Robbie was just making sure you're getting a 100% throttle signal out of the ITS when the pedal is on the floor.
I was wondering if he had you program any of the throttle related settings differently in the Alltrax controller.

With 23" tires and 12.44:1 gears, you're spinning the motor at about 6200RPM at 34MPH and 6600 at 36.3MPH, so you might want to ask PQ what they recommend as the Max RPM for that motor.

Sounds like a fun cart to drive.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
Whitey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I was wondering about the math. The motor got 148.3 degrees safter that last run. Yea it's fun. What difference can I expect with turbo mode off?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I was wondering about the math. The motor got 148.3 degrees safter that last run. Yea it's fun. What difference can I expect with turbo mode off?
If that is 148.3°F, you're doing fine, if it is 148.3°C, you need to tie several helium filled balloons to the toe of your right boot.

With motor windings having Class H insulation, 115°C (239°F) is the max case temperature.

As for Turbo ON/OFF, I understand it adds 2-3 MPH (maybe more with tall tires) to the top end, but generates a lot of heat and sucks a lot of amps.

I'm going to run some tests with and without Turbo when I get my new setup back on the road.
I was going to do it with the old setup, but exploded the stock motor and wiped out the DCX400 controller before I got around to it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #15
Whitey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just got the go ahead from plum quick. I sent Robby Johnny b's math and he said I should be fine. He did say heat is our enemy and don't ride out non stop forever. The motor is awesome . O yea PQ feel free to use "The Reaper" for the name of this motor, just send me some decals. Haha
Old 08-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

6800 rpm is hardly a "high torque" motor as your receipt stated. I wonder what you really got? I know you had ordered a speed/torque motor but it appears they shipped you a high speed motor instead.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO