lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #1
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Madjax G250/G300 rear seat Hitch?

Does anyone have the Genesis G250 or G300 rear flip seat and the hitch for it? How strong is this setup. I need to pull a 6X12 utility trailer around the yard with it from time to time. I had a 150 and I thought it was going to buckle every time I used it. Just wondering the G250 or G300 has a stronger hitch?
barneyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #2
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Madjax G250/G300 rear seat Hitch?

So I purchased the Genesis 250 rear seat and hitch. The hitch seems to handle the tongue weight of my utility trailer.

The problem I have with the seat is adults hit their head on the roof of the cart while sitting on the back seat. It's like 28 inches from the seat to the roof. So you have to lean forward so the roof doesn't hit you in the back of the head. Anyone else have this seat? I don't have any idea what to do with it. As it sits I recommend not buying this seat. $450 mistake.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:26 AM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I don't know what brand rear seat I have I will try and find the manufacturer today, before I start bragging about this rear seat, sticker shock took me by surprise, this rear seat cost over $800, I bought it for structual reasons, I have a 125 lb dog that rides on the back, so I need a good structural seat.
But the main reason I chimed in, is that I have a cargo trailer filled with construction tools, for me to get where I could move my cargo trailer took a little bit of doing.
The first time I
hooked at the cargo trailer up, the front end pretty much was off the ground very light,
So I bought air shocks to put on the rear to solve that problem, (overtime I have found that the Gabriel car shocks work great with no air needed) Now my problem is I can only turn tow in reverse, bog down like an sob trying to pull it forward, hence the v twin Vanguard, now I had plenty of power to move any of my cargo trailers around. But then I put a jakes long travel lift kit on, forget about the ride forget about how cool they are and what Conversation Pieces they make. But this long travel has a receiver hitch, and do I ever love that receiver hitch on the front end, it holds a winch, it makes moving the trailers around so much easier.... I'm posting a couple of pics of my rear seat, so you can get an idea..... I don't use my rear hitch much anymore since I bought the long travel....

I hope this helps out, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't move my trailers around with the golf cart, it would be a pain in my.....
I will try and find the manufacturer, hopefully somebody will chime in and say okay this is what it is...
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #4
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So this is the second footrest they sent. I didn't even have to open the box to know what I was going to find. I'm so tired of receiving garbage from suppliers. From now on I'm going to purchase in a brick and mortar store. I know it didn't ship that way but if you don't know its going to get broken if you pack it in a cheap *** box then become a greeter for ***** sakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.jpg (127.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyz71 View Post
So I purchased the Genesis 250 rear seat and hitch. The hitch seems to handle the tongue weight of my utility trailer.

The problem I have with the seat is adults hit their head on the roof of the cart while sitting on the back seat. It's like 28 inches from the seat to the roof. So you have to lean forward so the roof doesn't hit you in the back of the head. Anyone else have this seat? I don't have any idea what to do with it. As it sits I recommend not buying this seat. $450 mistake.
Couldn't agree more, my kids are 3 and 5 so they fit but no adult can fit on the seat without hitting their head on the canopy. Not sure if anything can be done about that.
Precedent Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:40 AM   #6
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
So this is the second footrest they sent. I didn't even have to open the box to know what I was going to find. I'm so tired of receiving garbage from suppliers. From now on I'm going to purchase in a brick and mortar store. I know it didn't ship that way but if you don't know its going to get broken if you pack it in a cheap *** box then become a greeter for ***** sakes.
It took 5 different foot rests for me to get one that wasn't broken. They also didn't want any of them back!
I have the 300 with the hitch and it works fine for small trailers.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:30 AM   #7
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post
It took 5 different foot rests for me to get one that wasn't broken. They also didn't want any of them back!
I have the 300 with the hitch and it works fine for small trailers.
I have three stacked up in my garage just in case they want them back. Still waiting on the forth to arrive.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I have three stacked up in my garage just in case they want them back. Still waiting on the forth to arrive.
Guess i lucked out, my genesis came and it was perfect but they sent me the wrong wheels and tires 4 times. ha ha
Old 03-30-2018, 06:32 AM   #9
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted_txt View Post
Couldn't agree more, my kids are 3 and 5 so they fit but no adult can fit on the seat without hitting their head on the canopy. Not sure if anything can be done about that.
Yeah I don't even understand how they are selling these like this. I need to find a way to fix this. It seems like the only fix with my canopy is to move the seat back out. I wonder if the deluxe seat backs are thicker and do not have this issue? I originally ordered the deluxe but they were on back order so I settled for the regular.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #10
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yeah I don't even understand how they are selling these like this. I need to find a way to fix this. It seems like the only fix with my canopy is to move the seat back out. I wonder if the deluxe seat backs are thicker and do not have this issue? I originally ordered the deluxe but they were on back order so I settled for the regular.
I don't think so, i went with the tsunami seats and it is the same, It is like it sits a foot to tall compared to others.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car