lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2021, 06:16 AM   #11
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1983 ezgo won’t start

Does these reed valve look weird? There are no gaps in the reed petal and the tension seems alright. The stops aren’t even. I’ve seen other people’s 2pg reed valve and there are more even at the top... If they were originally even, how could they bend? Can they be bent back? Has anyone ever seen this before?

The cart starts up runs about 5 feet then dies and the carb spits fuel out of the overflow. If I wait a couple minutes it’ll start up then do the same thing again.
Tankercart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a blockage in the center stem of the carburetor. Take it apart for a good cleaning. Check every tiny hole. What does the bottom of the bowl look like? if it's dented in, the cross drilled holes could be partially blocked.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:56 PM   #13
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Yes I believe you were right. I went ahead and bought a new carb and she runs fine. I’ll clean the other very good and store it as a back up.

The cart is much slower after the rebuild. I think the 40:1 gas is holding it back. Have anyone heard of this? I think after the 40:1 is gone I’m gonna hack off the muffler and weld on a new one.. unfortunately I have an 83 and it has the horizontal muffler that doesn’t exist anymore.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:03 AM   #14
Tankercart
Not Yet Wild

Went on a 6 mile ride yesterday. The cart did pretty well. It was little slow climbing up hills and backfired once going down a long hill. The secondary clutch looks original and idk when the gear oil was changed. Any advice on that?

Tags
crank bearings
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO