lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2021, 09:36 PM   #1
FamilyBuggie
Not Yet Wild

Default What did I break while towing?

Cant find any specific info in the threads so here it goes. 2016 Electric Ezgo, stock. Got 2 plat tires in the back while we were riding in the neighborhood. Walked to the house, got the truck, hooked a strap to the front tow ring and towed it at 8mph about 1/4 mile while it was beeping.
I DID NOT have it in tow mode! Just pulled it with my foot on the gas petal in F.
About 1/4 in it started make a loud “whirring” noise and it smelled like burnt rubber.
At this point it wouldn’t move under its own power. No forward or reverse. Nothing.
Got it back to the house and it’s sitting in the garage.

I have no idea where to start or what could have broke. It smelled like burnt rubber in my garage for 2 days.
FamilyBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2021, 09:48 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: What did I break while towing?

More than likely you burned up the motor and the controller if you did not put it in TOW, While towing it. The beeping noise was the regen brake in the motor trying to stop the cart from rolling and you didn't let it. Smell around the motor and the controller and see what stinks like it is burnt
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:25 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's why it's equiped with a Run/TOW switch...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I had a friend do this once and it just cooked the solenoid. Put it in tow, disconnect the mains marking them first, pull the cover and see what if toast.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO