lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
johnhup
Not Yet Wild

Default New the forum, working on an unknown EZGO with EC25-2PG motor

Hi folks,

I am new to this forum. I am working on an unknown EZGO golf cart for Burning Man this year. I am creating a Flintstones themed vehicle. You can find some pictures and information on my blog, designmills.com.

Anyway, although I am new to this forum I am on many other forums, including other car forums. Its great to find an active community round these little carts! I hope I can give back in the future here.

I am hoping someone could give me more information on my car. I am trying to figure out things like what spark plug to use, how/where is the distributor and how does it work, etc. I understand the carb (my car used to be carbed) and the drive system makes sense. I just have very little understanding of two-strokes. Is there a PDF manual around?

Anyway, anything you could give me would be much appreciated.
johnhup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New the forum, working on an unknown EZGO with EC25-2PG motor

First off -

There will be a plate on the passenger side of the cart under the dash, look at my album for pics of my cart and you will see where to look for the tag.

There is no "distributor" in the normal sense. There is magnetic hall effect type switch under the flywheel that tells the coil when to fire. The carbs seem to have lots of problems due to dirt and general lack of maintenance these carts ever had. Take the carb off, take it apart paying close attention to how it comes apart, clean it real good and go from there.

What kind of info are you looking for? We are here to help but it is always good to get some specific questions so we can get you going in the right direction.

BTW - NGK 4111 if it is 1982-1987 EZGO Marathon with a 2PG engine in it.
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
johnhup
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the welcome. I am really just trying to gather more info so I understand the thing better as a whole.

Yesterday I traced down all the wires, fixed a few, futzed with the carb, and put in a W16FP-U plug. The things is running pretty well now. I think today I should take apart the carb and clean it. I have attached a picture of it.

Right now I have two questions. First off, what is that little tiny hose coming off of the carb leading to nowhere? It seems to let in air after the choke but before the throttle plate. On my carbeurated BMW thats for letting in air for an idle but thats usually after the throttle plate.

And what is the hole right below that in this picture? It looks like a jet hole as I a can see a little needle shape indentation in the bottom of it. Unfortunately the screw is missing.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

To BGW
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Your spring is on the wrong side of the throttle lever and it looks like the spring is stretched beyond usablilty. You will need to replace the spring and adjust is accordingly.
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
BIG E Z
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

WELCOME
BIG E Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
rcbipeflyer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

johnhup

Did you get an answer to the hole in the top of your carburetor?

That's what I'm dealing with on my carburetor...believing something is missing, but you say yours is running...right!

Anyone know if the hole is open or ????
rcbipeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
topdrive
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello
I have the same unit and the hole I see on yours has a brass screw in the hole on mine and the little hose is just a vent. I will download a manual in the proper section for your engine.
topdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
johnhup
Not Yet Wild

I have no idea what that hole is for but I went took it to Burning Man and it worked just fine, although I would like to know.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
rcbipeflyer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same issue with the hole in the carb, that's why the previous post. Late last week I went to the EZGO dealer here in Pa., and took the carb along to see if they could tell me what went into the hole.
The fellow behind the counter immediately said a jet. So for $8.00 bucks I have one on order. Mystery solved!
rcbipeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO