lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
dobey
Not Yet Wild

Default Identification and parts help

I have been through the gas tech section and read about year identification from the serial number but the information doesn't seem to match up with my number.

I have a 2 stroke gas ezgo with a metal body, the tag is under the passenger side glove compartment and reads:

EZGO Textron
Augusta GA
Serial #
770310 125651 <-- could be an I or T

I am assuming it is a 1977 because that is about all I can get from the number.

If anyone can confirm the year/model from this information I would appreciate it greatly. I need a new belt, I got it running the other day but the belt was dry rotted and after a few laps around the woods it gave out (was only a matter of time). It had a snowmobile belt on it that was loose enough I could reach down and take it off with one hand, and I think from reading this section for a few days that it was much too loose, causing the cart to be very sluggish on the hills.

If anyone has a suggestion for a belt that is a bit shorter than the stock length that I could get from NAPA that would be great!

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me.
dobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Identification and parts help

Sounds like you got the year right. Can you measure the belt? If I read the post right it should be around 45 inches. If it is I found this in the tech section.

Quote:
For the guys that have the 45" belt on the 2 strokes, I was told that the Dayco HP3004 is an inch shorter and would work
WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I couldn't find a NAPA part #.

THIS is the cheapest I found if it's the length you need.
WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
dobey
Not Yet Wild

I wrapped some string around the shaft of the drive clutch (on the motor) and the outside of the secondary clutch and I am getting 42.5 inches which would seem to be the inside diameter of the belt in order for it to go on the thing without taking it apart. So it seems a 45 would be about right. Thanks allot.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
dobey
Not Yet Wild

I ordered the belt in the link Wild-Bill and it is perfect! I have plenty of down low pull and it went on easy as pie, thanks so much. Now to sort the fuel problem from my other thread. Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO