lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: No low speed at all

we have also found that the cable from the gov. was bad and stuck the throttle wide open so when the gas paddle moved the micro switch to start the motor it was wide open and jerk and jumped
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #12
Boris
DELETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
The rod on mine is in two pcs. It's not bent. It flops around like a joint. Sounds like that should be replaced for starters.

The idler is screwed down quite far. I'll tweak that this weekend and see what difference that makes along with taking the slack out of the throttle cable. One of the first things I did when I bought it was adjust the cable end so it opened all the way. The cart was only getting about 2/3's throttle. I could only go 15mph downhill with a tailwind. That got me 18mph on flat ground which I was happy with.

Time for replacement like I said above.

Thanks for the help. I'll start there and report back. Can't be much to it.
In the case of the rod, unless you absolutely want to buy one, just find a piece of steel rod stock and buzz it (weld) across the void for now. (Take the two pieces of rod off of the cart first) Even a 16 penny nail will work. It's cheap, it's quick, and you can always cover it with another piece of rubber tubing........ for now. Remember, if you add or subtract from the length you'll have to adjust the ends.

My limited experience says that when I try to adjust something because "I" think thats how it should be ........ I usually have to adjust something else to make it work........... Then, I have to change it back to the way it was to start with .......... Try to do as little to the settings of the cart until those that you KNOW are absitively posilutely wrong.

Good luck
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #13
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wicked cat hit it on the head. I had a crushed cable between the skid plate and engine. The throttle blade was moving very little and never seeing 100% throttle or returning to closed position.
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
Boris
DELETED

morepower, are you talking about GPSHemi's cart .... or did the thread get hijacked?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
Boris
DELETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
The rod on mine is in two pcs. It's not bent. It flops around like a joint. Sounds like that should be replaced for starters.

Thanks for the help. I'll start there and report back. Can't be much to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
In the case of the rod, unless you absolutely want to buy one, just find a piece of steel rod stock and buzz it (weld) across the void for now.

Good luck
Ding-Ding-Ding ..... Back the bus up.

Scratch welding that rod together GPSHemi I shiited the bed on that one ........ It's supposed to have a joint in between the two ends. .......... Why? I don't know but I have another rod just like the one you described. As far as the rest of the stuff, I'd back the throttle screw off and get it to idle first. Worry about speed later
Old 10-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #16
gpshemi
Getting Wild

UPDATE: Adjusted the throttle stop, not sure why I didn't review that earlier really I feel stoopid, and added some slack in places and it's running 10x better now. Going to tweak the wired up gov and I think I'll be in good shape then. Thanks everyone!
gpshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #17
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

You could also consult the service manual for the proper way to adjust the throttle and governor. Have a look at this link as well. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...ntainance.html Good Luck!

P.S. The service manual is in the tech section under "need a manual"
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO