lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
blazman02
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 ez go gas firing poblem

Ok for starters have great compression. finally got the the crank seals replaced and i pressurized the fuel system. The pump is pumping correctly and is in fact pumping fuel to the carb. i have pulled the spark plug and im getting good spark with a ngk plug and a champion plug, And the plug has some oil/gas on it. And now my problems is that i cant get it to fire and run for a couple of seconds after holding the choke and pressing the pedal for a while it will finally start and run for a moment then it falls on its face and wont start. then i can repeat this step and do it till the battery dies. HELP lol really ready to get this thing running.
Thanks alot
blazman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 ez go gas firing poblem

Have you cleaned the carb ? Is you oil mix correct ?
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Yep - a simple carb cleaning should do the trick, but keep in mind that a cleaning is going to entail pulling the carb and disassembling it to ensure that you get ALL the jets completely cleaned out (just a little tiny bit of anything in even one jet will cause major starting and running issues with these) - here's a diagram of your carb to help out, I circled all the jets that need to be pulled and cleaned. The best method is to use a can of spray carb cleaner (the one with the tube so you can get a tight hard stream out of it) and make SURE you wear eye protection as the stuff burns like CRAZY. Pull each jet, spray them out thoroughly to make sure all the orifice(s) are clean, then spray the seats to ensure there's no stuff up there, also it's a good idea to clean out the float bowl thoroughly, reassemble and you should be just fine.

BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
blazman02
Not Yet Wild

Ok i have cleaned the carb twice ive even disasembled it. Then i took the intake tube off cleaned it then the reed valves out and cleane them. Still doesnt fire.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
mod9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hi blaze man, did you take out the needle seat in the carb? it has a little rubber seal on the end of it. it will get stuck and not let in any fuel into the carb bowl. if you don't know where it is you might not know to take it out. one thing you can do to make sure you have fuel getting into the carb from your pump is to with the carb on the motor loosen up the bowl and see if you actually have fuel there. hope any of this helps.
mod9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
blazman02
Not Yet Wild

if its the right needle you talking about it the one under the float. I took it out and ran carb cleaner thru it all. i dont know what else i could do. any suggestions.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
mod9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

did you try taking the bowl off while still on the motor and craking it over to make sure you are getting fuel into the carb?
mod9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

longshot, but try turning your fuel mixture screw all the way in and then backing it out 1.5 turns, see if that somehow got jazzed up - also, you should try the carb/fuel check talked about above, I've seen pumps that blew gas when unhooked from the carb but had a tiny tear in the diaphragm and once hooked up, actually WEREN'T pumping enough to keep the cart running
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO